What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like to see familiar names

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been a forum member long but am on here a lot and I was just thinking how quickly you start to recognise the names of members who post a lot,it's like having lots of new friends,does that sound soft lol..?

Reaction score
I've been a forum surfer for almost a decade and never understood post padding of days gone by.
Here is an example of how it should be, like you wrote .
When I subscribe to a thread it didn't take long for me to start to look for certain names posting in it. I usually remember names for the trust worthiness of their replies , good or bad
Dontunderstandmyipad is my Ipad hero on this forum is an example. I don't know anything about their post count or length of membership, just that I can trust their posts

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, sweet poison is a very common poster to see considering she is about to hit 9,300 posts. :D
I am only on 2,360.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, sweet poison is a very common poster to see considering she is about to hit 9,300 posts. :D
I am only on 2,360.

i have a long way to go yet then,it will be good fun getting there tho

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if we are naming names then I'd say Twerppoet is top of my list, his advice is always good plus a great sense of humour.......if I knew half as much as TP then I'd be twice as clever as I actually am.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, my favourites are TwerpPoet, Tim Spracklen, Dontunderstandmyipad, I could go on but there are loads of friendly people on here who I rely on and are there in a crisis. I couldn't do without their brilliant advice and help. Good work!
Oops! And Gabriel1 of course!
sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What worries me is when familiar names disappear without any explanation or good-bye!! I've seen a few previously frequent posters just stop posting (and, no, they weren't banned...:D )

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
(and, no, they weren't banned...:D )

Tim

Yeah, yeah! That's what you say........it's not like I am a conspiracy theorist or anything but I heard that you mods have a secret virtual dungeon where you keep unruly posters......

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
great to see Michael back! Mtnmedic to everyone.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Familiar names are great.
Tim is my hero.
Always polite and patient.
Twerpoet is a hero with his knowledge.

It's a great forum.
Keep up the good works everyone.
It's fun as well as informative

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
agree with all that,coming on here is part of my computing day now,in fact facebook is quite neglected sometimes,would be good if there was a button where you could "like" a post or comment.

Most reactions

Latest posts