What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i learn a good lesson

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All , yesterday while try to upgrade my wife HP 3GS firmware, before that i try to using Blackrain to jail Break to see it is possible to wake up her handphone , finally i end install blackrain on my ipad , as i connect my ipad to my net book. So no choice i need to restore the firmware of my ipad, and all my data since Aug 1 2010 will be lost , as since 1 Aug after JB my ipad backup become very slow. so i stop backup.

Just to share with all of you not to make the same mistake , i did. But no regert as i learn a lot on how to restore .

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi from Bishan, already long time i have stop to JB my device, i just use as is it and that’s fine no more trouble … in your case i suggest you to put it in DFU mode , delete all the back up you have in itunes and restart from scratch …. your iPad will surely work like a charm after , i did that for my 3G and 2 years after still work fine

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did the something similar. I restored to remove the jailbreak, but had forced backups off. I lost some in-app purchaces and vacation pictures.

Just remember everyone: you can manually backup by right-clicking your iPad in iTunes. Backing up every sync is ridiculously slow, but learn from our mistakes!

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, may i know why need to delete the back up ? i though the purpose of back up is for restore , when ipad need to format.

Hope can share with me the reasons.

Paul

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Members #12357/12358/12359/12360 All with the same MO. They post five times and when they have the right they put up a link for their stuff...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, may i know why need to delete the back up ? i though the purpose of back up is for restore , when ipad need to format.

Hope can share with me the reasons.

Paul

Paul in computing sometime things have to be done, and the explain will not be so clear but if you don’t do you can got so trouble

Let say more simply: clean your iTunes memory at 100% and restart with a clean installation

In long or in short it’s like this you did you avoid all problem and future problem you don’t do don’t feel surprise to get some trouble later

that’s is based on my long experience in computing field.

it’s like you paint a car you can paint on the existing one, but one day you will see the old one appear , so better to clean the existing and restart with a fresh one

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Members #12357/12358/12359/12360 All with the same MO. They post five times and when they have the right they put up a link for their stuff...

Yvan give them a kick in the nut’s :)

au fait tu en est ou de ta boite ??? je l’attend moi :D

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quite believe what all of you said. That mean I should not enter any data in my apps , if the apps does not have back up feature like outlook.

In case I have already did the restore , so I do it again and delete all my backup ? Since I already restore my back up.

Paul

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yvan give them a kick in the nut’s :)

au fait tu en est ou de ta boite ??? je l’attend moi :D

Oh,my! I don't think I'll have time to build it for quite some time. I start work in the factory in six days and I barely have time to finish the chores I had to do that I put on hold because of the broken ankle. And I have a customer to care for also...
The iPad2 might be here before I build that box!!!:p

Most reactions

Latest posts