What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i know that it a not a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tonight at dennys i was enjoying a little game playing on the ipad waiting for breakfast to arrive at the table and this guy was sitting across from me and when i put the ipad away and i was eating my breakfast ..

the gentlemen told that me that ipad was not a real computer and i would do better with a real comuter set up instead of the ipad..

the thing was i sitting thinking that i am going home and i will not have to deal with guy..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
com·put·er - [kuhm-pyoo-ter]–noun
Also called processor. an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.

Hmm seems like Denny's guy is wrong

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably not jealousy, but the guy is just a dork. Not everyone needs whatever he calls a "computer" with them all the time. I bet he didnt have his laptop "computer" with him at Dennys ;)

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tonight at dennys i was enjoying a little game playing on the ipad waiting for breakfast to arrive at the table and this guy was sitting across from me and when i put the ipad away and i was eating my breakfast ..

the gentlemen told that me that ipad was not a real computer and i would do better with a real comuter set up instead of the ipad..

the thing was i sitting thinking that i am going home and i will not have to deal with guy..

I can't believe people are still doing this. You should have asked the guy how he, and utter stranger, can tell you what your computer needs are.

Some people are just stupid.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I find in this entire thread was that the OP was eating at Denny's :)
I was going to tell the OP to say "that is OK, Denny's isn't a real restaurant either."

But seriously, the iPad is probably the perfect entertainment/consumer computer. And ignorance is no excuse if the other guy didn't know that. ;)

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I find in this entire thread was that the OP was eating at Denny's :)

but it only place open at the time of the night i got off from work to allow you to sit down and eat type of place in the area .plus i was starveing and i could not wait to get home to fix something..

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been told my iMac was not a 'real' computer. There are idiots abound.

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

but it only place open at the time of the night i got off from work to allow you to sit down and eat type of place in the area .plus i was starveing and i could not wait to get home to fix something..

:) fair enough

But on the topic, about 2 years ago we finally got VOIP at work. And since these stupid phones need configuring, and have IP addresses and such, they're classified as computers. As such, we, the tech support team, have to support them.

What people call a computer nowadays is astounding. Or maybe it is that the terminology is changing. My WM phone does pretty much everything my desktop and laptop do, with certain limitations, of course, but if there was a CD burning client for it, I could figure out a way to attach a CDR drive and BAM! :) And so do a bunch of other devices, and the iPad is of course right there with that crowd. So yes, I think it's fine to call it a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions