What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i keep getting tingling sensation

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my hand touching the back of my iPad. either it's shocking me or I like better than t even knew I did!?! is this possible?

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your outlet is not properly grounded. Plug it in elsewhere in the house and try it. I had a power strip that did that... Hurts like hell once in a while. Second, maybe you cord is damaged.

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad not plugged in......but giving me light sensation of electric current mostly when holding it with two hands..it is intermittent. iPad is new so I need to take care of this. does anyone know how to get to an apple online chat from iPad fast.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that you are from Florida. But even this time of year, it is not that cold out side.
If you were in Chicago, I would say that every time you shuffle your feet on the carpet in a heated room, you are creating electrostatic charge. But even ten, it should be only upon touching the iPAD. You will have a single discharge, and that's it.
But in Florida ???

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This tingling sensation is definitely NOT normal and you should exchange it for a new one since it is still under warranty.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Philia said:
On my hand touching the back of my iPad. either it's shocking me or I like better than t even knew I did!?! is this possible?

Best way to be sure is to test like I do a 9V battery. Tongue test...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called Apple about slightly shocking feeling from the back of new ipad they told me "Get thee to an Apple store!" I liked the suggestion that I lick it to see if it's still good, as in a battery. I actually put a book on an aluminum pie pan and held it to see if it was just some nerve thing in my hands.........NOT! So now I need to know if they give me another iPad how do I get the apps I've bought from this one to the new one?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Philia said:
I called Apple about slightly shocking feeling from the back of new ipad they told me "Get thee to an Apple store!" I liked the suggestion that I lick it to see if it's still good, as in a battery. I actually put a book on an aluminum pie pan and held it to see if it was just some nerve thing in my hands.........NOT! So now I need to know if they give me another iPad how do I get the apps I've bought from this one to the new one?

you can plug into itunes on your computer and do a backup and then when you get the new/replacement you can restore from your backup and have it set up exactly the same.

before you do the backup, once you plug into computer/itunes.. right click on the device name and choose to transfer purchases.

Alternative is to start fresh.. but use the same apple/itunes account/id ... then when you redownload from app store you will not be recharged. It will seem as though you're paying but then you get a popup saying you've already purchased do you want to redownload. Also if you go this way make a list of the apps you will be wanting to restore and be sure you download the exact same, not a different version (ie: HD vs. reg) and you're good to go.

Most reactions