What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just cancelled my ipad 2 WIFI order....

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....and reordered the 3G version.

I decided I wanted the proper GPS abilities, even if I don't use much of the actual 3G data connection.

I've delayed getting my ipad but hopefully I'll be happier once it arrives!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
incapete said:
....and reordered the 3G version.

I decided I wanted the proper GPS abilities, even if I don't use much of the actual 3G data connection.

I've delayed getting my ipad but hopefully I'll be happier once it arrives!

Good for you!

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say hi to all forum members I just signed up today. Weird I cannot post replies within the ipf application - the onscreen keyboard just doesn't pop u when I try to type in the message.

Well to the subject , I only find the 3G option a must if you do not own a powerful 3G device already ... I say powerful for fast Internet connection otherwise any other device would do. I already owned a samsung galaxy s smartphone prior to purchasing my iPad 2 so it was absolutely useless to pay the extra 500$ to get the 32gb with 3G, this is the difference price tag here. I got my iPad 2 32gb wifi for 1100$ ..

Just my opinion and preference.

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fribourg said:
First of all I would like to say hi to all forum members I just signed up today. Weird I cannot post replies within the ipf application - the onscreen keyboard just doesn't pop u when I try to type in the message.

Well to the subject , I only find the 3G option a must if you do not own a powerful 3G device already ... I say powerful for fast Internet connection otherwise any other device would do. I already owned a samsung galaxy s smartphone prior to purchasing my iPad 2 so it was absolutely useless to pay the extra 500$ to get the 32gb with 3G, this is the difference price tag here. I got my iPad 2 32gb wifi for 1100$ ..

You definitely overpaid for yours then because the most expensive iPad with 3G is 829, did you get it off eBay?

Reaction score
fribourg said:

In the iPF app,, there is a Lock symbol at the bottom, saying Login. Log in with your credentials and you should be able to reply to threads.

Keep in mind, that when browsing a thread, you have to click on the arrow in the top right corner to select Reply to this thread.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Where do you live? I got my original for $904, including tax.

OP
I

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fribourg said:

I do have an iPhone so have 3G and GPS on that. Ironically that's part of why I've upgraded to ipad since I'm used to them and didn't want to feel disappointed with the new device.

One of the things I regularly use my iPhone for is GPS/mapping so I'm looking forward to having that all on a big screen!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the 64 gig 3G version just so I would have all the choices. I don't pay for 3G service, but I do make use of the GPS occasionally.

I have a DroidX with excellent GPS, but I still wanted the iPad to have the GPS capability. I can tether the iPad to the phone with free wireless tether for unlimited Internet access and then use the GPS built into the ipad2.

I may not always have the phone and if I get rid of it, iPad will still have the capability of connecting using 3G.

~John

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the gps work without a data sub? I have a 64GB 3G white for about $950 with taxes. From the Apple store.

64GB 3G White iPad

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
Does the gps work without a data sub? I have a 64GB 3G white for about $950 with taxes. From the Apple store.

64GB 3G White iPad

Yes it does. It works great. In fact I have data turned off on mine 3G and never even signed up for a data plan and it works perfectly. Have sued it with mapping programs and for geocaching.

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Romania prices here start at 1000$ for the iPad 2. I understand all the custom taxes Vat .. Transport etc rise the price when products are imported from places as far as US.

I don't understand exactly does the gps run on 3G network? Noob question just havent done my homework but as far as I know m gps navigation works and I don't have a 3G version.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fribourg said:
I live in Romania prices here start at 1000$ for the iPad 2. I understand all the custom taxes Vat .. Transport etc rise the price when products are imported from places as far as US.

I don't understand exactly does the gps run on 3G network? Noob question just havent done my homework but as far as I know m gps navigation works and I don't have a 3G version.

There is a good thread about gps on here (search function is your friend!) but there is no gps in the wifi only iPad.

The Archangel

@ndr3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went for the wifi version. I tether with my HTC Desire which works just fine :)

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ndr3w said:
I just went for the wifi version. I tether with my HTC Desire which works just fine :)

Through wifi or bluetooth?

64GB 3G White iPad

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tethering works just fine to my Rooted DroidX also (using free wireless tether), but I still bought the 3G for two reasons

1. I'm not sure I will always have the phone

2. The 3G model includes gps (which I don't need right now, but may at some time in the future)

~John

Most reactions

Latest posts