What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope there is no back light bleeding in ipad 3

davieboy1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad 3 backlight bleed.JPG

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone:

With the advent of the new iPad (aka iPad3, iPad 3d Generation, etc.)...

Please, please, please - when you talk about screen bleeding - tell us which iPad version has the bleed. This will prevent confusion.

Thanks.

IPF Staff

P.S. And yes, I know this is in the iPad3 forum. Doesn't mean all visitors read the forum titles... :)

davieboy1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found another problem with my ipad whites are not white they are a creamy yellow colour so turned my screen brightness up to full brightness as there has been reports that it has solved the yellow tint issue for some people was left for an hour with auto brightness turned off and set to lock never left it for 2 hours ipad become quite warm and this happened!!! iPad - YouTube

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is a pretty unique software failure caused by an overheat. Only thing I am interested in knowing is if this failure survives after you turn the iPad completly off and let it sit for 15 minutes before turning it back on. IF it does survive that means you have damaged the storage area for the firmware. And that will make for some very interesting jailbreaking.

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a (3rd gen) 64bg white iPad with AT&T, and it is actually white, not yellowish, and have 0 bleed.

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad using iPF app

davieboy1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi skull one.... yes i let it cool down did a hard reset holding power and home button problem went away but its still not the point a didnt replicate it again and to see if it came back as by then i saw enough had backlight bleeding had yellow tint to screen whites just looked creamy then clearly had a overheating issue aswell so i just reset the ipad wiped everything off it and put it back in its box and rang apple for a refund this morning just waiting for someone to contact me about picking it up to get delivered back to apple i feel that a replacement would of probobly been the same and suffered anyone of these 3 issues so untill they have got to the bottom of these issues ill wait as ipad 2 suffered all these issues too when first released the more time went on the better they was becoming so going to leave it for a few months and may get another one later down the line thanks for your reply just thought i would share my problems with potential buyers :)

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi skull one.... yes i let it cool down did a hard reset holding power and home button problem went away

Thank you for that information. That means the corruption effect was in the RAM not the firmware.

Most reactions

Latest posts