What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have no idea what I'm doing

AnitaGraz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using my iPad for a year now & I still don't know what I am doing. I am also using Windows Vista which I hate. I really need help! Lol

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help me -- help you.

what is wrong?

ask as much as you can.

OP
AnitaGraz

AnitaGraz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AnitaGraz said:
I have been using my iPad for a year now & I still don't know what I am doing. I am also using Windows Vista which I hate. I really need help! Lol

I have absolutely no experience with programing or what happens every time iTunes updates to a newer version. I have the 1st iPad with the 4.3 update & I bought QuickTime Pro for my laptop that runs Windows Vista. I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 on it because Google Chrome kept crashing on my laptop. I have spent so much money on apps thinking that's what I needed to do. Mobile me never worked like it was supposed to & now this "Cloud" thing frightens me. Where do I start? It took me almost 1 hour to figure out how to respond to you.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have absolutely no experience with programing or what happens every time iTunes updates to a newer version. When iTunes do an update, it adds functionality, fixes, compatibility, features, etc, etc....its always good to update iTunes.

I have the 1st iPad with the 4.3 update...thats ok, you can remain at that firmware, but i recommend iOS 5(early Oct., keep checking).

I bought QuickTime Pro for my laptop that runs Windows Vista. Not sure why you mentioned this, but quicktime is awesome.

I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 on it because Google Chrome kept crashing on my laptop. This has nothing to do with the iPad, but i prefer safari(try it)...i use a Mac.

I have spent so much money on apps thinking that's what I needed to do. Thats your call, after all, apps are needed on the iPad to enjoy it. Get what you need, and gonna make use of.

Mobile me never worked like it was supposed to & now this "Cloud" thing frightens me. Again your call, only get it if needed, do research first.

Where do I start? This forum is very informative, use the search box for really good info. Or keep asking in this thread.

It took me almost 1 hour to figure out how to respond to you. Confused on this one, explain further.

there you go.

OP
AnitaGraz

AnitaGraz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About Google Chrome crashing or explain that I'm just stupid? That was a joke

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also using Windows Vista which I hate.

i personally recommend using a Mac, absolutely problem free. And don't be afraid of the transition from pc to mac, its nothing.
A visit to an apple store, and those guys will teach you all the basics for free.

The cheapest Mac would be the Mac Mini($599), don't be fooled by the name, its way better than most, and you can use your existing monitor, keyboard and mouse(even an LCD TV).

features_hero_rearview.jpg

features_hero_plugandplay_pc.jpg

features_hero_plugandplay.jpg

Apple (Canada) - Mac mini - Technical Specifications

but i love Laptops/Macbooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts