What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have Google Ukraine rather than Google Minnesota

Smorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on a vacation in the Ukraine with my son this summer. He took over my Ipad 4 for a short time. Now months later My Google appears at Google Ukraine and many of my searches are in a foreign language.

Like the Ipad but not big on issues like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Smorton

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question?

SM

Not dumb at all really. But maybe a tad impatient in terms of our rules...

Rule 4.3 Do not "bump" a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion.

We have more than 300,000 members all over the world, well outside of Minnesota, many of whom may be willing to help but who could well be sleeping due to time zone differences and thus not able to jump onto your question, which may also require a bit of time for consideration/research to fairly answer your question.

There are many helpful members here who will no doubt be able to suggest a solution...in due course.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afaik the App Store country has no influence on the language in Google's search. Google uses your IP address to get the right location.

You can change the language in Safari, and there's no need to sign in somewhere.
Open Google, tap the "Settings" icon:

image-819795244.jpg

Now choose "Search settings":

image-935614100.jpg

Here, tap "Languages", which will show you this:

image-1624361280.jpg

Choose the language you prefer and tap "Save".

Last edited:
OP
S

Smorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry about the impatience. I wasn't familar with the rule.

Sadly, I can't get J.A's advice to work either. On my Ipad there is a place where you need to put in an address and everytime I do that I enter my US address or even USA and I get a prompt that I need to enter a valid Ukrainian address.

Thanks though.

SM

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you post a screenshot (and of course hide personal information) of that place where you have to enter the address?

OP
S

Smorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can change the language to English but when I change the location I get this.

SMredacted image.jpg

Most reactions