What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a question about backing up an IPad Air

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to backup an IPad Air if you can't enter the passcode in iTunes because the iPad has broke and the touchscreen has completely broken and you can't get to the passcode section and I hooked it upto the computer and it said I needed to enter my passcode but I can't get to that so I don't know what to do

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is there a way to backup an IPad Air if you can't enter the passcode in iTunes because the iPad has broke and the touchscreen has completely broken and you can't get to the passcode section and I hooked it upto the computer and it said I needed to enter my passcode but I can't get to that so I don't know what to do
I'm afraid not. The iPad has to be unlocked before it will connect to iTunes. If the information on the iPad is important and isn't backed up anywhere else, you'll have to get the screen repaired and the iPad made operational before you can back it up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you had automatic iCloud backups enabled before the iPad broke, there is a good chance that leaving it plugging overnight while it's on your home network will back it up.

You can check the latest iCloud backup by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage on any device that is using the same iCloud account as the broken device.

Otherwise, as SciFan said, you're out of luck until/if you repair the device.

OP
C

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I looked at it on her iPhone 6 and said her iPad was last backed up on May the first

Most reactions

Latest posts