What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i have a Ipad 1 my email settings are inactive

AndyBrit22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please can some1 HELP! I need to unlock my email account settings.

All of the settings are inactive ie:- (light grey), including adding a new account. So i am unable to reset my password for my yahoo email ect. How can I make these settings active? Can this be done without using the reset to default option?

Yes i have rebooted & my mail is on but I have switched on restrictions. do i need to alter my restriction settings?? Andy

Last edited:

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the first of this error I'm hearing mate. Not sure where your problem lies. Maybe someone else has a solution for you.

Sent from my  iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you have accounts locked under the restriction's settings. You'll need your 4 digit restrictions passcode to change it.

Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts

OP
A

AndyBrit22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Yes thank you" it was Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts,!

Just a good job I remembered the pass word in the end! Got to 5 mins between passwords!

Azswimrz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this thread as am having the same problem. I see that I have restrictions but cannot remember setting it up so don't know
the password. Am I out of luck?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Azswimrz said:
I found this thread as am having the same problem. I see that I have restrictions but cannot remember setting it up so don't know
the password. Am I out of luck?

Unfortunately....yes.

If you have a backup performed prior to restrictions being made active you could revert to it otherwise I fear a factory reset is the only other way. There are no back door passwords or workarounds that circumvent the security setting.

Most reactions

Latest posts