What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HATE screen protectors

monkeytine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will never use them. Never had a scratch on any ipad or iphone thusfar so I think I'm good!

jennyforex3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quit screen "protectors" years ago. Screen looks great and no problems for years on multiple devices.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know that makes sense. But for some reason I like screen protectors. Even Apple suggests a screen protector is not necessary with the new type screen coating on the newest of their products. Since I am not good at putting screen protectors on I left the original celephane rapping on my iPad as a screen protector. I have had my iPad since December 4th of 2011.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally agreed, on my iPhone I never had a protector and will probably not put one either.
For reviewing purposes and just for fun I experiment with different ones for iPad. I do see their use, and some come so they are easy to put them on (I'm pretty bad in putting these on) and do seems to protect more.
So all in all I see more point for using them for iPad then for iPhones

daena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like the bare screens along with i keep the screen clean ..

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
McTablet_T2C said:
Totally agreed, on my iPhone I never had a protector and will probably not put one either.
For reviewing purposes and just for fun I experiment with different ones for iPad. I do see their use, and some come so they are easy to put them on (I'm pretty bad in putting these on) and do seems to protect more.
So all in all I see more point for using them for iPad then for iPhones

I am the same way. I have my 1st generation iPhone here with me now and I out the screensaver on with only 3 very tine bubbles showing and a small spot on the side of the screen.

That is why I wrote hat I lift the originally celephane wrapping on the iPad. NOOOOOOOOO bubbles. The biggest this was to cut out the wrap where the important locations are on the pad.

I am sure if I were to remove the wrapping the screen old look much better/clearer.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went down the other day to get a new Smasung Galaxy S2, seller at the shop gave me a whole speech about why i need screen protector.

I guess the industry is pushing these very hard as there are very good margins on these, specially the branded ones.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
McTablet_T2C said:
Went down the other day to get a new Smasung Galaxy S2, seller at the shop gave me a whole speech about why i need screen protector.

I guess the industry is pushing these very hard as there are very good margins on these, specially the branded ones.

I purchased my iPod-iPad-IPhone on eBay so all my screen protectors were simply my choice.

Last edited:

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love screen protectors because my youngest brother keeps scratching my screen on my iPad and on my iPhone. I don't know how he does it. Now I've got screen protectors so he can't scratch it:). I didn't like the screen protectors at first but now I love them. I hope he doesn't discover them and peel it off:$! He so cute so when ever he asks me can I play on your iPhone or iPad ? I just say yes. He can even talk proply so it just sounds so cute!

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still agree I don't really like screen protectors but it saves it from scratches :) so I kind of like it :).

reidko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a product call Ghost Armour. It works perfect on IPhones and Pad. They are generally found in malls at kiouses.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Splash masque HD. Best screen protector ever. And it actually goes right on perfectly the first time with no solvents or screwing around.

;)

Most reactions

Latest posts