I HATE screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DavidNM, May 14, 2010.

1. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'm not ipadone, but if I were I would sell them. If people think they need it, sell it.

Half the money spent in any economy is for useless crap. If people want to buy it, sell it. A witch doctor sells a potion, Norton sells software..... It's all good..... Marketing 102 "create a need, fulfill the need"....

2. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:

3. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    There are people that swear by them - and that market exists. I'm not trying to pee on that market - only open a discussion.

Stop being personal folks!!!

4. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I used to hate screen protectors for the same reason....I never got it managed to put the damn thing on without bubbles or dust under the screen protector.

But now I got my iPad, I loved to use it without the protector (and it hasn't been delivered in time). Then the magic moment - I gave it to my kids, so they could play with their favourite games and it took them less than an hour to manage to get a scratch on the screen......darn....

Now I got my ZAGG Invisible Shield and it actually was a breeze to put it on - even without having a cleanroom - and if you follow very carefully the instructions.

I actually love the better feedback from the screen protector and its far less taking fingerprints, than the plain screen.

BTW, I don't have any bubbles or dust particles under the screen protector! I had a few micro bubbles, but as discribed and told in the instructions - after a day they were gone.

Great product - highly recommended!!!!

5. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I feel fairly confident in not using one, judging by my iPhone. I've had all three models, so used each for about a year. I never have them in a case, and quite often throw them in my purse along with everything else. They were used many hours daily until I got the iPad, and yet I've never had a scratch on them.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't use screen protectors as a rule but I will be getting one for my iPad. Not to protect the screen against scratches but to minimize the glare. Apple is in love with reflective screens but the glare is driving me nuts.

7. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This.

8. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Do you mean swear at them?

9. crawdad62

crawdad62
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I know one thing about them. They're outrageously priced for what you receive.

I ordered and received the Speakeasy Nude and it came with a protector. I haven't received the iPad yet so I figure I'll put it on right for the start when I pull of the protective film that the iPad ships with.

I had one on my iPhone and it was okay. But when the edges started to pull back a bit I took it off. I'm sure that'll be the case with this one too.

10. lowlife

lowlife
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    As a rule I hate screen protectors but would consider one if it felt and looked like the original screen. I like the super slick feel of glass.