What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hardly ever hook up my iPad to my computer...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To sync it with iTunes. Is that bad? I think the last time was to get the latest update. And I was glad it didn't blow up or croak!:D

So when I do sync it, will it take an extra long time?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you did a lot of changes (e.g. downloaded apps, bought movies/music, imported a bunch of photos) since your last sync, then yes a backup during sync will take a while.

But in one sitting, you sync, then decide to add some photos to the iPad, sync again, then oops, forgot to add a new song I ripped, sync again., then oh yeah that new movie I converted, sync again...every backup after the first will take a few seconds. Synching will only take as long as whatever it is you're synching. I've done that scenario many times. :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I went to the Apple site and there's a front page message about iTunes 10. I wonder if it's available at this point?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you did a lot of changes (e.g. downloaded apps, bought movies/music, imported a bunch of photos) since your last sync, then yes a backup during sync will take a while.

But in one sitting, you sync, then decide to add some photos to the iPad, sync again, then oops, forgot to add a new song I ripped, sync again., then oh yeah that new movie I converted, sync again...every backup after the first will take a few seconds. Synching will only take as long as whatever it is you're synching. I've done that scenario many times. :)

I love how you explain things! Thank you!

Speaking of which, I went to the Apple site and there's a front page message about iTunes 10. I wonder if it's available at this point?

I heard that too, Ivan!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried to get iTunes 10, it was not available but it was suppose to be today.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I sync only when I'm going to update, we can always redownload apps, I don't use the iPod portion so no biggie on songs, also most of my pics are put on via photobucket. So I'm good

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont either, the last time I synced? hmmmm,, 3 weeks? lol

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, i just go lazy to go over the pc. cant we just sync and backup over wifi? that would be an idea!

Last edited:

Most reactions