What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got the Camera Connection Kit!

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered the kit from Apple early this week, couldn't find it at either of our 2 local Apple stores. Then today the wife wanted to go to the mall and I went in the Apple store and they had 6 of the camera kits so I bought one. Works great, I took a SD card and loaded a bunch of pics and video clips. Video looks great. I guess we have to wait for OS4 to be able to move pics and video's into folders. Anyway it's a cool kit.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah man mines been on order for several weeks and hasn't shipped yet. Maybe I need to visit the apple basket again.

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it too. Works well but I still feel like I was assaulted paying $29 for two $3 adapters.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it too. Works well but I still feel like I was assaulted paying $29 for two $3 adapters.

I agree. Why couldn't the iPad just come with an USB connector and SD reader built in?

Anyway, I bought them, but I'm not as impressed with them as I thought I would be. On the other hand, I also bought a Apple Bluetooth keyboard, that I am really happy with.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine frequently. Unfortunately have to take off my silicone case for a good connection (or enlarge the opening).

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do videos and photos get scale down when importing to the iPad?

Hi neighbor!

The videos from my camera won't display because the HD720 won't show on iPad unless I convert them.

The pictures show fully sized but are shrunk to a ridiculous size if I email them. Don't expect good results if you want to carry pictures on the iPad. It's only use is to show your pictures off.

Zenitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to get mine, it's going through Fedex right now.

I jail broke my ipad so it can read hard drives and USB sticks with the camera connection kit!

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to get mine, it's going through Fedex right now.

I jail broke my ipad so it can read hard drives and USB sticks with the camera connection kit!

What app would one need to be able to do this? I assume you're using ifile in conjunction with the aforementioned mystery app when you are selecting where the destination is? Do tell me more...I was under the impression that it was a limitation more of supplying enough power to the perhiphrials through the dock connection, not a firmware limitation.

Most reactions

Latest posts