What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I gave out my udid number.

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lease tell me if this person can see or get my info. It was to hack a game. My first time and I'm stupid for doing. Please tell me what to do. This is my parents iPad. I told them what I did and all they said was to fix it.

OP
K

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kmizyed said:
Lease tell me if this person can see or get my info. It was to hack a game. My first time and I'm stupid for doing. Please tell me what to do. This is my parents iPad. I told them what I did and all they said was to fix it.

Please someone help me!!!

OP
K

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm freaking out!! I just want to know

OP
K

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sendbeer said:

Can they see my info. Please don't laugh. I just want to make sure they can't see all of my parents info

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you probably don't have anything to worry about.

The UDID is a 40-character string unique to each iPhone/iPod touch. The UDID is needed for ad-hoc distribution applications. Typically you will need to e-mail the UDID to the application provider, so they can generate an ad-hoc mobile profile for your iPhone/iPod touch.'

Beta applications won't have Apple approval and so won't run on a tester's device: the UDID is used to get an authorisation from Apple to allow this. Whether there's any security issue I don't know, though I don't see how since even if someone obtains your number they can't use it to run an app on their device; and even if someone created a malicious app you would still have to install it (something you should always exercise caution about if the source isn't completely trusted).

i copy and pasted that from a udid faq. Don't install any apps this hacker sends to you.

OP
K

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was playing a game and they told me to stay off the game while they did it. They told me how to get the number and I gave it to them over palringo. They play the same game.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you logged into the game since? Change your password for that game. apparently the udid can be used to log into someones account if you check the save password box?

https://discussions.apple.com/threa...520?start=0&tstart=0/3019520?start=0&tstart=0

the relevant part:

"Your question was not answered, Ex: If you were to now give me your UDID & you owned the app SevenSwords. I could log into your acc due to you having checked "Save password" On the square box before log in (As so everyone does). If any other apps asked if you wanted your password saved (on the devices UDID), it would be saved to it, meaning if I got a hold of it & downloaded the app on an iPod/iPhone/iPad, I would have your password saved on that UDID, allowing me to do as I please (Deleting your acc or worse, saying things you would normally not say). Now that is not me & I would never do such. I consider only giving it out if you are a beta tester."

OP
K

kmizyed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know what I was doing!!! Girls get me in so much trouble

Most reactions

Latest posts