What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I forgot the passordi

anautalik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot my password for my iPod How can I reset it? Thank for taking time to read this.lease get back to me

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This video helped me so much about 5 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anautalik said:
I tried it didn't work :(

You may have no choice by to wipe the iPad and restore it to factory settings. You then restore it with the backup stored in iTunes on your computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Backups contain the password settings, so unless the backup predates the password, restoring from a backup just restores the problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Backups contain the password settings, so unless the backup predates the password, restoring from a backup just restores the problem.

So the only solution would be to add the apps one at a time from the purchased list in the app store,as well as any movies,tv shows,music,etc. From the purchased list in iTunes?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, you can sync the apps back via iTunes. App syncing is separate from a backup restore.

You won't get the app's data back, though iCloud documents & data should be recoverable if the app uses that iCloud feature.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No, you can sync the apps back via iTunes. App syncing is separate from a backup restore.

You won't get the app's data back, though iCloud documents & data should be recoverable if the app uses that iCloud feature.

That's good to know. Thanks for explaining it more accurately than I did.

OP
anautalik

anautalik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried so many times I think I'll take it ti apple store? Is it expensive

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anautalik said:
I tried so many times I think I'll take it ti apple store? Is it expensive

If there's no way for you to remember your password you will have to erase your iPad and restore it to factory settings. To do that, go to Settings>General>Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings, this will restore your iPad to factory settings.
If you have a backup that predates the time you added the password to your iPad, you can do a restore from backup through iTunes on your computer. If your backup was made after you added the password, you will have to set it up as a new iPad. Your content, such as movies, music and tv shows can be restored from the purchased list in iTunes. Your apps can be restored from the purchased list in the app store.
If you used iCloud, you should be able to recover the data stored there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts