I finally found a good screen protector - Power Suport

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by zipur, Mar 27, 2012.

1. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I have spent so much time searching for a screen protector that I like. The Zagg was great but gummy, sticky and it was Not self healing. So I found the Power Support anti glare screen protector and my search is over. Installation was a breeze with only a couple of bubbles which easily rub out! I feel confident in the protection and it tactile feel is amazing. Also it is washable so you can remove it, wash an reapply. This would destroy others. Screen distortion for me is minimal and I don't think I'll use anything else. So if your in the market Power Support should be on your list.

image-3908813345.jpg

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!
  2. dnaber

dnaber iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is it in full sun outside trying to read an ebook? I need to buy one and I'm now doing the searching.

Thanks
    Don
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Okay, Zipur,

On the strength of your review, I ordered it. Thanks for the posting, and I am crossing my fingers that it works better than my Moshi i-visor. The Moshi, lifts from the screen and reduces the sensitivity of the screen to touches.
  4. PatS

PatS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the power support on my iPad2 and am quite happy with it. It does not distort at all. My DH has no protector on his and the screens look identical except his has a scratch. It also was easy to apply with no bubbles. I tried some cheaper ones and hated them.
  5. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Let me know , check the YouTube install video for the power support

6. 6mildollarman

6mildollarman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Sounds good, I'll check out the power support too. Couple of questions: Is the tactile sensitivity affected much? (as in, do you have to press/swipe a little harder?) And how are the edges in terms of keeping dust and very small debris out? Thanks!
  7. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    My view may be tilted be as I had the Zagg for three or four months and the squeaking was terrible. Stylus was unusable and scrolling was a chore. So the power support is a dream. It's not as slick as the naked glass but gives enough slide to scroll with ease. Plus you have a slight give back feel enough "touch" to accurately finger type or make selections if you are dictating. I know this is a personal thing for each user, but this works for me. The naked screen is too slick and other anti glare screen protectors are too grainy or unresponsive. The power support is a good middle point to provide glare protection and yet give positive tactile feel. On the other hand the edges do not go exactly edge to edge. There is a millimeter of underl-lap. This is perfect for me since I use a Marware CEO case which clips on the edges. Ive used three of the cheap screen protectors where the edges of the would roll up. Not so with the power support. I am now settled in with the perfect case and screen protector which accommodates my day-to-day work, school and church needs.

8. maleaco

maleaco iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Who sells this?
  9. xPhantom

xPhantom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been hearing a lot about Power Support... but I already bought an SGP screen protector. If I'm unhappy with it, I guess I'll look into Power Support.
  10. PatS

PatS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought mine on Amazon
  11. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Got mine on line on the company website. Several bucks cheaper than Amazon because they are having a sale.

Does anyone know whether it is a single size for all iPad models? I bought for my iPad 1, but have just decided to get an iPad 3. As I haven't put it on yet, I am thinking f holding off until I get my iPad 3 and use it on that one.
  12. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Are not all iPad screens the same size?
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Yes, true. But I thought there might be other issues.
  14. vegasdell

vegasdell iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I think this beats the moshi screen protector
  15. sherrygodmother

sherrygodmother iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would the screen protector provide some protection if the phone is dropped? I recently shattered my screen and had to replace my phone. Now I am terrified of doing it again.
    Thanks

FYI: I sold the broken on on e....y for as much as the new one cost me.
  16. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Well, maybe I'm all thumbs, but I worked and worked and couldn't get the air bubbles out. I watched the YouTube video and followed the procedure exactly in a freshly cleaned tiled bathroom, but the bubbles formed from the start and simply would not go away.

At the price, I am hoping the company will refund my money! If not, zi will report here because I think marketing something to the average Joe that requires soecialized skill to install is just wrong!

No reflection on you, Zipur. Clearly you are very goid with your hands.
  17. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0

It took some time for me to get it right.
    What you need to do; that is if you haven't curled it up in frustration. Get some eye glass cleaner or clear water in an eye glass cleaner spray bottle. Sit at the kitten table and lay your iPad flat on a towel. Turn the ipad off so it is a dark screen. You should have a bright light so you will see the bubbles.

Next find a cheap soft credit card I used a Wallgreen card. Then get a small piece of tape an apply to each of the corners. The tape will allow you to lift an edge of the screen protector. By lifting two corners you can lift an entire side.

Spray a little fluid under the screen protector. Note - Do not spray in any of the ports if you are concerned then you can cover the ports with some tape.

Now initially there will be lots of bubbles but gently take you credit card and work out the forwards the edge. As you squeeze the fluid out use the towel to catch the fluid. Do the same on each corner until you are happy. Be patient it may take three or four times. Once you Think you are done and there are no more bugles.
    Turn your iPad on and go to a blank white screen I used my flashlight app or a white screen from a note taking app. With the iPad on you will find additional bubbles you may not have noticed previously. I got my eagle eyed son to double check me. If you find a bubble even if it is in the middle of the screen it can be worked out slowly.

Just spay a little spray on top of the screen to reduce friction an scrap the bugle to the edge. You may find a dust particle or hair under the screen. in this case you can completely remove the screen protector and rinse in off in water. Note- Do not scratch it off with your finger nail just rinse the entire underside of the screen protector and start again. The bathroom idea is to reduce dust with the humid air. I do not due this process.

Sounds long but it's easy once you get a corner or two done.. The nice part of this SP is that it is thick enough that it is not destroyed when removed an reapplying. I have two iPads and have practiced with several screen protectors. This process has worked for me.
  18. skallal

skallal iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I've been thinking about getting the same screen protector. I had a Zagg before on the first generation iPad. But it had a very gummy feel. While it did protect the screen from smudges, I found it very hard to use a stylus. It actually wore the tips off of some styluses, go figure!

That said, you have the older power support screen protector. I've got the new iPad and wonder how the older screen protector worked on it. Now they have the new HD antiglare screen protector. After a few weeks of using my new iPad naked, I'm ready to try something that will prevent the smudges. Fortunately I haven't scratched it yet. I've resigned myself to the fact that you have to use an iPad with your fingertips. There're some things that a stylus just can't do, such as pinching or any gesture that requires more than one finger.

BTW, I've written this whole post with the new iPad dictation feature. Gotta a love it!
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  19. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Yep the power support screen protector is excellent for No finger smudges. I giggle every time is sit near a person with a wiper cloth on their lap, Its almost like a dance swipe, read, read them wipe off the screen. (abbr.) Or if they want to show you and article, clean then show.
    For me I rarely wipe down my screen, no need. And anti-glare is a must.
    However I want to be clear , I haven't tried or test every sp in the world . I just know for me PowerSupport is the perfect choice.

"Post with pictures it helps everyone"
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  20. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Totally agreed, Amazon is best source to find best product in best price in quick services. I purchased my iPad 2 from there and its very cheaper then its market price on that time. You should also visit Apple's official site for hunting adjustable screen guard and other product with quality.