What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I drained my ipad twice..is it bad

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So i drained my iPad 2 times in 2 days.Is the battery going to down really fast after that 2 fully discharged? I'm pretty worried.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
What generation of iPad?
Is this something new?
What's the total time it takes to fully discharge?

How much are you using it?
How many and which apps are running in the background?
Is Twitter running?
Location services turned ON?
What's your screen brightness setting at?
Do you have a weak wifi or cellular signal?

All of the above are easy things to check and rule out as possible causes before considering a hardware problem.

Let us know what you discover.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just used it 2 times(i turn it off sometimes..and yes,open it.)
I think i left my gmail open..
And no,my twitter isn't running..
Nope,the location service isn't open
Btw,i'm using the 4th generation.
The screen brightness setting is automatic
and my wifi isn't turned on.
Also,i just bought it 2 days ago.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
BlackOropher26 said:
I just used it 2 times(i turn it off sometimes..and yes,open it.)
I think i left my gmail open..
And no,my twitter isn't running..
Nope,the location service isn't open
Btw,i'm using the 4th generation.
The screen brightness setting is automatic
and my wifi isn't turned on.
Also,i just bought it 2 days ago.

Two days ago. OK. Use the iPad until the battery fully discharges again then put on a full charge and make note of your usage and rate of power consumption.
If it discharges quickly again under what sounds like very light use - take it back to the Apple Store or the vendor you purchased it from. It could be a hardware issue including a malfunctioning charger - poor connection between the charging port and the battery or, a battery issue. Regardless, you've got warranty so you will receive proper service.

We ask that you report back on how your problem is resolved. Your experience could help other iPF members.

Good luck.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry unless you do it habitually. I've drained my iPad 1 and 2 plenty, and both batteries are still holding a charge fine. And my iPad 1 is more than two years old.

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how the new ipad 4 would last after doubling the speed of chip even with chip control monitoring apps and whatbspeed it should run at i estimated it would be lucky to see 7 hours

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how the new ipad 4 would last after doubling the speed of chip even with chip control monitoring apps and whatbspeed it should run at i estimated it would be lucky to see 7 hours

"iPad features a 3.1-million-pixel Retina display and an advanced processor and graphics. How much of an effect does that have on battery life? Almost none. You still get up to 10 hours of power to read, watch, play, write, and create whatever you want, all you want."

From here: Apple - iPad - Features

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
install app BATTERY HD by smalltech (free) which can tell you the device battery health and show how much hour left for various uses :thumbs:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
install app BATTERY HD by smalltech (free) which can tell you the device battery health and show how much hour left for various uses :thumbs:

I'm cautious and skeptical on most of these battery monitoring apps..........most run all the time and do more harm than good by draining your battery faster.
Not saying this is the case here but be careful.
Any long term experience with this app?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm cautious and skeptical on most of these battery monitoring apps..........most run all the time and do more harm than good by draining your battery faster.
Not saying this is the case here but be careful.
Any long term experience with this app?

On iPad, only a few types of apps can run all the time: music, audio, navigation are the only ones I know of. No battery monitoring apps run on iOS as they do on android. Wrong universe. :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On iPad, only a few types of apps can run all the time: music, audio, navigation are the only ones I know of. No battery monitoring apps run on iOS as they do on android. Wrong universe. :)

Great to know............I come from the Android world so you understand why I'm skeptical. :p
Just wondering........if they aren't running all the time how do they continue to monitor battery levels and give constant status?

Maybe I just don't understand the inner workings of iOS 6. :eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Great to know............I come from the Android world so you understand why I'm skeptical. :p
Just wondering........if they aren't running all the time how do they continue to monitor battery levels and give constant status?

Maybe I just don't understand the inner workings of iOS 6. :eek:

They measure the charge level when they're activated, and display the time remaining based on what the charge level is when they measure it.

Most reactions

Latest posts