I don't understand why the Apple case is so hard to find?!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by XciteMe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. martin.skirving

martin.skirving
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    have u had a look on ebay

2. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Apple case has it virtues, but there are others that are less (and more) expensive that you can find on Amazon. I wound up with an Acme Made case that is really nice, and there are many others that would serve you well until you get the Apple case.

One case on Amazon is only $12 because they have a new model that accommodates the light sensor. If you are fast, you might still get one.

#12 Seadog, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The Apple case really isn't all that impressive to be honest. I rarely use it, I use my Incase much more often.

4. Darth Maniac

Darth Maniac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree its not too impressive - its edges feel a bit sharp and I swear it creates dust out of nothing. It gets so dirty it is ridiculous.

5. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG] 100%

HAHAHA yep!!!

Where the hell does all that dust come from??!?!!?!?!

6. Pittphan

Pittphan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Actually The apple case has some good points and clearly some bad points.
    The bad is what everyone has said in that it gets dirty super easy. But it does clean up ok.
    The good point is that it is very light. Which is great and obviously it is great for typing and watching videos.

Actually I may sell mine (used) for $30 shipped if anyone is interested.

Also you should check out the new Gumdrop case that is exactly like the Apple case. Gumdrop is a new company, started by the same people as the Hard Candy Cases.
    It is suede and has the SAME functionality as the Apple case. Sdly it is not yet released. Link here: Faux Leather iPad Case | iPad Cases | Gumdrop Cases

7. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I think there is a lot better options then the Apple case nowadays. i retired my Apple case for a ZooGue, (ping me off line, i'll sell my retired Apple case to ya for half price... i think i even have the original packaging.) The ZooGue is a little bit bulky but IMO for their price range you can't find anything comparable. My wife went with a Hard Candy Skin case and she loves it.. It's all personal preference and there is a lot out there to choose from. Check out some of the supporting vendors on this forum.. At least you'll have someone to bitch too if something goes wrong or you dont like something with the case.

#17 CaptKirk, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  8. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear nothing but bad things about the apple case, yet it keeps selling. I don't get it.

9. deeda6

deeda6
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    IPad case, great deal!!!

Go to blingmyapple dot com they have great deals on IPad cases and the work great! I bought one for myself and one for my son. Way better deal than the Apple store, and better quality. Got them both in a matter of 2 days

10. gregh2000

gregh2000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Check Best Buy. 4 of the 6 stores I see when putting in my zip code online have it in stock. I got mine at Best Buy.