What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't understand why the Apple case is so hard to find?!

Pittphan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually The apple case has some good points and clearly some bad points.
The bad is what everyone has said in that it gets dirty super easy. But it does clean up ok.
The good point is that it is very light. Which is great and obviously it is great for typing and watching videos.

Actually I may sell mine (used) for $30 shipped if anyone is interested.

Also you should check out the new Gumdrop case that is exactly like the Apple case. Gumdrop is a new company, started by the same people as the Hard Candy Cases.
It is suede and has the SAME functionality as the Apple case. Sdly it is not yet released. Link here: Faux Leather iPad Case | iPad Cases | Gumdrop Cases

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually The apple case has some good points and clearly some bad points.
The bad is what everyone has said in that it gets dirty super easy. But it does clean up ok.
The good point is that it is very light. Which is great and obviously it is great for typing and watching videos.

Actually I may sell mine (used) for $30 shipped if anyone is interested.

Also you should check out the new Gumdrop case that is exactly like the Apple case. Gumdrop is a new company, started by the same people as the Hard Candy Cases.
It is suede and has the SAME functionality as the Apple case. Sdly it is not yet released. Link here: Faux Leather iPad Case | iPad Cases | Gumdrop Cases

I think there is a lot better options then the Apple case nowadays. i retired my Apple case for a ZooGue, (ping me off line, i'll sell my retired Apple case to ya for half price... i think i even have the original packaging.) The ZooGue is a little bit bulky but IMO for their price range you can't find anything comparable. My wife went with a Hard Candy Skin case and she loves it.. It's all personal preference and there is a lot out there to choose from. Check out some of the supporting vendors on this forum.. At least you'll have someone to bitch too if something goes wrong or you dont like something with the case.

Last edited:

deeda6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad case, great deal!!!

Go to blingmyapple dot com they have great deals on IPad cases and the work great! I bought one for myself and one for my son. Way better deal than the Apple store, and better quality. Got them both in a matter of 2 days

gregh2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Best Buy. 4 of the 6 stores I see when putting in my zip code online have it in stock. I got mine at Best Buy.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine in Future shop as the Best Buy across the road was sold out. I like it better than the leather one I got off eBay. I like the way the iPad sits in it. I already carry a micro fibre cloth for the iPad screen so I might as well use it to keep the case clean as well. <g>.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my apple case at Bestbuy. They had about 15 on the shelf. It's a nice case but I can see myself growing into a better case.

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read many reviews from self proclaimed Apple fans that didn't say the best things about the OEM Apple folio case. An acquaintance who actually works at an Apple store even suggested I look at other brands.

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try a Best Buy store that doesn't carry the Apple hardware. I was in one the other day and , lo and behold, there were a dozen genuine Apple iPad cases gathering dust in the netbook department. Should have bought em all I guess.

I love my Yoobao V3 case. Everything the Apple case should have been.

yoobao_newcase_1.gif

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^ not a bad looking case! i like the best buy idea. maybe i'll buy em up and sell them all on ebay for double ;)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found mines at the apple store. Before buying it, i thought it would be flimsy but this case is built very well. Multifunctional stand n portrait or landscape mode. Plus i love the feel of it. Like some high quality suede or somethin. Yeah, it does get dusty easily but wipes clean with wet rag or somethin.. Im really liking it. I had bought a rubber skin bumper at first, but that only protects the back n sides of ipad. You get complete coverage with apple case. I like how the edges are because they act like deflectors if u drop the ipad. Instead of directly hitting the edges or sides with full force, the lil flaps deflect the energy, in theory..lol. Plus very lightweight case. Gives it a sleek/professional look to it.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I joined here today and this is my first post. I feel a bit lucky now after reading this thread. My son and I were on holiday in New York State a month ago and we walked into an Apple store in Buffalo almost exactly a month to the day and bought two ipads.
There were about six of those covers on the shelf and we bought two of them. I didn't realize at the time they were in short supply.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that while the case looks nice, it's not too easy to keep clean. That furry-feel material attracts dirt.
Also does anyone know what the strip along the inside edge (about 2" wide) is for? I was going to cut it off but don't want to if it performs a function (other than annoying me) that I'm now aware of.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You tuck it in underneath the iPad to keep it from slipping out... Like that would ever happen!

Most reactions

Latest posts