I don't play games , should I buy an iPad 4???

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by alexss, Oct 23, 2012.

1. alexss

alexss
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys , I have 2 questions and would appreciate if you help me.

1) I have a iPad 3 , but I dont use it for gaming , I just use it for browsing and watching videos and for writting with Stylus. Since the iPad 4 is 2x faster , but I dont play games , is it worth for me to buy it??

2) Wil iPad 3 still support future iOs's updates???

Thank you guys :)

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    We have no way of knowing how many more OS updates will support the iPad 3. Only time will tell. But you got one update so feel lucky for that.

If I were going to get an full-sized iPad, I get the 4. The speed is not just for games, but for viewing anything on the screen, like scanned PDFs. I use those a lot and I zoom in and out a lot. It can be a bit laggy on the 3.

You won't see any advantage in watching movies. You may enjoy the facetime HD camera, though. If you are in the UK there will be real support for LTE bands there.

3. Somerled

Somerled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You should feel confident in your iPad 3 receiving updates for at least 2 more years. That was true with the iPad 1, and when the iPad 1 was not to receive the latest iOS 6 update, that is when I sold my iPad 1 and upgraded to the iPad 3. I see no reason to immediatly jump to the iPad 4. None.

4. alexss

alexss
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I tought since they are not selling it anymore it wouldnt recieve future updates. BTW , I've just bought my iPad 3 last month and now there is a new one and they wont sell iPad 3 anymore , like it has never existed , and it was released 7 months ago. This is sad :/

5. alexss

alexss
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    But what about the speed?? Doesnt it encourage you to buy one?? If not , why not??( Im asking it because I want you to convince me not to buy one and feel less injured by Apple)

6. PlanetBeing

PlanetBeing
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    stay with iPad 3

7. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Speed and its importance is rather subjective. We all use our iPads for different things so everyone's mileage will vary so to speak. I play games and do lots of other stuff and I've never felt that performance was an issue. Must just be the games I play and apps I use since others appear to desire faster and faster tablets. I can't answer for anyone other than me. Im not in any hurry to get a new iPad, especially for speed reasons!

8. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    My 3 isn't any slower than it was yesterday, and neither is yours. If I felt a faster iPad would make my make life better, I'd buy one, but the one I already have is fine.

As for the 3 going away, note that the 2 is still available. It has its own niche, and is still supported. Don't worry about support for the 3 quite yet.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

9. mdholm

mdholm
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought my 3 the day they went on sale, back in March. I loved it then, and I love it today. A tiny part of me went, "wait, there's a new one? I want it!" but the more reasonable voice said, "Chill. It's all good." And you know what? It is.

In technology there is always going to be something better coming along. Get what you can afford, and be happy until you can get the next thing. :)

10. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Bought my 3 the day they came out. I don't play games at all but use it heavily for other purposes. I'm happy enough with it--upgrading my 1 which I had from the month it came out. I won't upgrade until the 3 doesn't perform for my purposes as I did from 1 to 3.