What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dented my new ipad already!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry for you. As others have stated though if you escaped with full functionality you are indeed fortunate. I've come close many times. The worst I've done is knocked it off the nightstand while sleeping. Guess I was flailing in my sleep! It was plugged into the charger cord which suspended the iPad in portrait mode about an inch from the floor between my nightstand and bed.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sabrina4065 said:
sad all ways have a case

I had it in a case. The case has a slit in it. Good thing I did have it in a case or it could have been worse!!

MikeMoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually I never buy any kind of extended warrantee for products that I buy.
But the iPad looked like an accident waiting to happen.
For $100 for 2 years it seemed worth it just for the peace of mind.

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is why I bought AppleCare. I don't want to worry about this kind of thing. Stuff happens to the best of us. Sorry for your mishap.

Hey

Is this AppleCare worldwide ? and how can I get more info...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
srkhn said:
Hey

Is this AppleCare worldwide ? and how can I get more info...

I think it is but I'm not 100% sure since I live in the US. Apple sells it. for $100USD you get two years of coverage, and two "incidents". I also think there is a $50 charge per incident.

As someone else said, to me the iPad is an accident just waiting to happen. I'm not one to buy extended warranties on electronic gear...but I do for iPads and phones....they are expensive and rather fragile. But also a joy to use on a day to day basis...if I don't have to worry about what happens if I drop it or sit on it. Peace of mind is worth $100 over two years. To me, anyway.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
intechswetrust said:
if its under warranty take it back and say it isnt charging, apple will most likely replace it.

Good idea!

shopsafe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely sucks. I know the feeling. I had no warranty from Apple and dropped it on the concrete. It dinged the right hand side so that the volume rocker no longer worked. Had just paid over $400 for the iPad so I was really bummed. I checked around and actually took it to a company in Palm Harbor, FL that repairs damaged Apple products like iPads. The charged me $75 and got the switch working again and the case looked like nothing had happened. They were called Florida iDoctor.

MikeMoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who never buy the extended care packages, but I did with my iPad, I just knew that it would get dropped or something.
So far it hasn't but I feel a lot better knowing that it's covered.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't know how, but I dented the middle of th eback of mine the first week I had it. No scrapes or rough marks, still hadn't taken it outside yet, only used on my lap and set up on the night stand. Now it is in a case with a smart cover on it. I feel your pain. I have the applecare but haven't used it yet as I figure I will probably do more to it over the next year and a half

Most reactions

Latest posts