What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I could use some help with my Ipad3

sevano14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have MSN as my home page. The other night I went to get off the couch with my iPad in hand. I'm not sure what I did but now I have a blank, light blue horizontal bar covering my MSN Home Page category drop downs plus the story headlines. Not matter what I do I can't get rid of it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
sevano14

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sevano.. - welcome to the forum! :) I would suggest the usual procedures below in sequence and re-check after each step is completed; start by 'Force Closing' your browser (assume Safari?) depending on which iOS is on your device; if not successful, then proceed down the list - good luck & please post back your results. Dave

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions