I COULD get the iPad2!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by SweetPoison, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    We did our taxes last night and things are sweet.:) It is the last year I can claim my daughter though.:(

I so could get the iPad2! At least it was my first thought after I paid off my dentist and my car and toss some into savings!

I wonder though....
  2. robertlc

robertlc iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Do it! Your Modship deserves a new iPad.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    A word of warning - when I go to the Apple store I *never* come out without purchasing something. It's like a magic spell is cast over me and I go all weak at the knees and then, when I come out through the door, 'snap' - I recover and I see I'm carrying a couple of sacks of Apple goodies....but I have no memory of making the purchase.....

Tim
    Scotland
  4. DavidM

DavidM iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sounds to me like you need to forget the new Ipad and put all the money into saving. Or you need to write your post so you don't sound so hard up for money. I'm far from being hard up for money and I am having a hard time justifying a 2. Matter of fact I have ordered and cancelled twice now and have ordered for the third time. I don't owe anybody and have money to buy one but still am having a problem even though I can sell my current one and only owe a couple hundred bucks.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    What are you talking about? Sounds like to me that I can do what I want with my money. Yes?
  6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Oh, that is too funny, Tim! I so love the Apple store! It is so noisy and crowded and everyone is checking everything out ~ I am just plain fascinated when I go in there!

I don't even know what it is I want, but I always leave wanting something new!
  7. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,898 / 0
    It's kind of how I behave at the App Store, too - I'll take one of these, some of that ... oh, and this looks cool, I'll take that too, please!

Very dangerous people, these Apples! :D

Marilyn
  8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    They sure are, woman! I really took a bite of the Apple. I admit it.:D
  9. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    Your money? Don't you mean Steve Jobs money? Now be a good girl and take it back to him, you can deposit it in any Apple bank and they give you a free iPad with every deposit!

The Archangel
  10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Too funny. I don't mind at all giving my money to SJ.:D I paid off my car repairs and two other things ~ I hate payments of any kind, monthly.

Oh! I really want to get this, Gab!
  11. Gabriel1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    I've just done the same thing, paid off the last of my debts.......I'm trying to hold out for iPad 3 but heaven knows it's hard, I feel myself weakening every day!

I'm due to go up to London in a couple of weeks and I know I won't be able to walk past the Apple store in Regents Street......I need counselling and fast!

The Archangel
  12. HKWrite12

HKWrite12 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I would say just do it but by the time u find one, the iPad 3 may b out as well!!!!
  13. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Counseling isn't going to help, babe. :D So you don't have one either? Aren't they available over there this Friday?

LOL! This could very well be true!
  14. Gabriel1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    They are, I am currently drilling holes into my skull to see if that will work!

The Archangel
  15. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    You are so funny! I adore you!

I get a mental picture of that drilling.:D
  16. Tinman

Tinman iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well the honeymoon is kind of over for me and my iPad 2 :(. At the end of the day it is not THAT much of an improvement over my iPad 1. So I am going to be selling or returning mine. Instead I bought a MacBook Air that will hopefully get used more than my current laptop. My current laptop is an HP so going to sell that too... first time in YEARS that I won't have a Windows laptop.

Just throwing that there out for ya'! :)

Michael
  17. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0

...and out there ya did, Mikey. My goodness! I so respect always, what you have to say. I am shocked.

So are you going to keep your iPad and just sell the 2? Can you tell me more on why you were so bummed?

This is def food for thought ~ for me, anyways ~ coming from you.
  18. Tinman

Tinman iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well Marie, I am not sure what caused me to turn around on the iPad 2. It's definitely a fine device... no mistake on that.

It's just I didn't actually find it was much different when using it compared to my iPad 1. Since I have both right now I can see that: for instance if heading out to a friends house it wouldn't really matter to me which iPad I grabbed--unless I specifically wanted to demo the iPad 2 of course.

Guess it depends on how I, and you, use the iPad. In my case that is mainly browsing the Web, reading News apps, watching Netflix, reading ebooks, remoting into other PCs/Macs, and playing games. I looked at that and said well I really was not having any issues doing any of that on my iPad 1. While the iPad 2 adds facetime, I already can do that on my iPhone 4 and my Mac mini (and now my MB Air). After seeing the low quality images from my iPad's 2 cameras I knew I would never use it for any real photography. Heck, my phone does a much better job.

While I am sure there will be games and apps that take advantage of the better specs of the iPad 2, there are many great games right now for my iPad 1 that would take me a year to get to.

Then a few days ago I was on a trip to Oakland. I was in the midst of some work projects and I felt I needed to take my laptop too. Dragging around that slow-booting, heavy, and unwieldy "relic" (though not old at all) reminded me I still need a laptop. And traveling with both laptop AND iPad was kind of a lot.

Seeing all those snazzy looking MacBook pros in the airport got me thinking I needed to just go with a 13" MB Pro: smaller, lighter, and sleeker than my HP laptop and indeed might not want to take my iPad on the road if I had it.

Didn't think the iPad 2 made sense at that point... I mean it was only an incremental upgrade and I figured why not wait for the iPad 3.

I went to craigslist first to look for a deal on a MBP. Whoa! LAST years models were being listed, as "firm", for only a couple of hundred dollars, if that, less than the new models--which are significantly improved in speed. No way did it seem to make sense, to me, to buy used at those prices.

So off to the Apple Store. There I played with MB Pros and found that while the 13" is indeed a fairly compact laptop, I would not call it super thin, nor super light. Placed next to an 11" MB Air it was HUGE. In fact the Air was not all that much larger than the iPad. It impressed me, far more than previous Airs had done.

Then after considering my laptop usage may not be all that much, I stuck to my guns about getting the cheapest Air available. And I am glad I did as it seems fast enough indeed.

So there you have it!

Michael
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  19. yvrgal

yvrgal iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sold my first iPad for the iPad 2 coming out. I like the idea of it having a camera so on my holiday time, I can just take videos from it, edit it from the iPad and blast it off to my friends. I also need it for my lyrics and rehearsing tunes.

So with that being said, I need one. If you think you need it, then get it. :)
  20. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Thanks, Michael! I think that the MB Air was the one I played with while I was at the Apple store ~ It was very impressive and very close to the price of my iPad too!