What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Come In Peace: Nexus 7 vs Ipad 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, got cut off. Can get wi - fi signal for I- pad in all corners of my house, but Nexus restricted to central area of house. I-pad for me!

OP
C

cyprusx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL mate if i was biased would i really be on a apple forum asking for advice, Yes you right the nexus 7 dosnt support HDMI, ill ad that for the ipad, And im comparing the wifi ipad becuase its obviously the most similar to the nexus and in price also the 3g ipad is on another level
And rooting an android device is not required to take advantage of the Open system and hardware controls.
Multitasking in android devices run the code differently so when you minimize an app its allot less likely to go into suspension like on ios, not to mention the actual multi task screen you can see the thumbnails and there easier to close just by swiping, and also you get a actual multitasking button on the nexus 7
Search bar? really you dont know why? well its on every screen giving you the fastest access and its actually searches Google like with prediction like it does in google chrome, and when it comes to searching Google is king obviously
Well adding multimedia on android, all its takes is a Drag and drop directly onto the phones storage no converting or syncing, And I personally No ALOT of people who hate itunes because they have to sync, I don't know anyone complaining about drag and drop on android "it just works" on android ;)
Music apps on android have more functionality such as tweaking equalizers
Yes ur right IOS also has many messaging apps, i will remove it

So is anyone going to make a video talking about the advantages of IOS, does anyone have a YouTube account?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cyprusx said:
LOL mate if i was biased would i really be on a apple forum asking for advice, Yes you right the nexus 7 dosnt support HDMI, ill ad that for the ipad, And im comparing the wifi ipad becuase its obviously the most similar to the nexus and in price also the 3g ipad is on another level
And rooting an android device is not required to take advantage of the Open system and hardware controls.
Multitasking in android devices run the code differently so when you minimize an app its allot less likely to go into suspension like on ios, not to mention the actual multi task screen you can see the thumbnails and there easier to close just by swiping, and also you get a actual multitasking button on the nexus 7
Search bar? really you dont know why? well its on every screen giving you the fastest access and its actually searches Google like with prediction like it does in google chrome, and when it comes to searching Google is king obviously
Well adding multimedia on android, all its takes is a Drag and drop directly onto the phones storage no converting or syncing, And I personally No ALOT of people who hate itunes because they have to sync, I don't know anyone complaining about drag and drop on android "it just works" on android ;)
Music apps on android have more functionality such as tweaking equalizers
Yes ur right IOS also has many messaging apps, i will remove it

So is anyone going to make a video talking about the advantages of IOS, does anyone have a YouTube account?

Do you use an iPad? There is multitasking going on where it is needed. Nav apps, audio books, and music apps all multi task fine and don't sleep when in the background Most apps on a tablet - where a single app usually takes the entire screen - don't really need to multitask. And more to the point, tablet CPUs are too weak overall for any serious multitasking. IMO, it is just silly for anyone to be talking about multitasking of any kind and "true multitasking" is only discussed by people who don't have a real clue about how computers work, just superficial knowledge.

Why are you spending your time on such a task as this comparison? You aren't going to convince anyone to do anything any differently than they are already. These debates are old and dull and never go any where. Enjoy your android. I enjoy using both platforms. And consider that It is rude to come to an apple forum with poorly thought out attacks on the tools others have decided to devote their time and resources to.

Frankly, it would be time well spent brushing up on our writing skills. That would be more productive than this.

Ps.....tweaking equalizers? On tablets with crappy speakers? You wanna see a powerful music app? Check out this one and let us know which android apps match up to this:

Attachments

• image-3075902560.jpg
    image-3075902560.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 400

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Nexus has no 3G/4G/LTE.. If you're away from home, you have to sniff around for hot spots or have some other mobile device with you that is capable of tethering if you want reliable full time access to the net.

There are different ways to enjoy a tablet.. Reading books, playing Angry birds, typing personal notes and taking pictures.. In that respect, WiFi is good enough.

For me, the abiliy to web browse and read e-mail on a decent sized screen wherever I might be was THE most important feature. I wouldn't have purchased an iPad at all if web access through cellular networks wasn't available.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no interest in "general consensus" as most people don't think for themselves.

The iPad weighs less than any hard bound book I own. The screen size far outstrips any advantage of weight. If smaller/lighter was better I'd be reading more on my Kindle Fire. When I'm reading plain text I can use the Kindle reader no my phone, so no advantage there for me, and when reading comics or magazines the iPad can't be beat.

I suppose if by "gaming" you mean those crappy little handheld toys then smaller is better but when I play games it's more likely to be Infinity Blade or Rage (which you can't play on the Nexus) so I don't count that as better either. I have that same Pinball game on my iPad, Kindle Fire, and phone. I play it on the iPad. I can rest the end of the "table" on my knee and play for quite awhile. I get tired of the tiny screen on the Fire pretty quickly.

My point is the idea of someone else telling me what is "better" is never going to work. You don't know me, so you can't say what is better for me.

Instead of telling people which is "better" you could tell them how they are different, and what to consider when making the choice.That would be helpful. If you start from incorrect assumptions, you'll get incorrect answers.

That's all I'm saying.
So I guess that you would strongly advise Apple NOT to make Ipad Mini. Since Apple is going to make it, is Apple wrong?

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will argue once again that one reason why Android phones have become so big is because of the ads in free apps! They are taking up screen space, so now you need a bigger screen! I have no problems whatsoever reading anything on my iPhone because the text is so good. Of course, I don't plan on watching movies on a tiny screen or doing serious web work. I have like a zillion other ways to read websites and I can even use the phone, if I must.

If that is the only reason for Android phone screen being so big, then should be seeing more advertizing on Iphone5 since it has bigger screen?. I thing you are "stretching" and "reaching". Let face it: bigger screen = bigger real estate. Ask any CAD user ii he/she prefers 13" or 24" (or bigger) screen.

Last edited:

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Nexus has no 3G/4G/LTE.. If you're away from home, you have to sniff around for hot spots or have some other mobile device with you that is capable of tethering if you want reliable full time access to the net.

There are different ways to enjoy a tablet.. Reading books, playing Angry birds, typing personal notes and taking pictures.. In that respect, WiFi is good enough.

For me, the abiliy to web browse and read e-mail on a decent sized screen wherever I might be was THE most important feature. I wouldn't have purchased an iPad at all if web access through cellular networks wasn't available.
Be fair. Ipad WiFi only is in the same boat as Nexus WiFi. So put all info, not just part of it. Thank you

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both an I-Pad3 and a Nexus7. Nexus for reading in bed and I-Pad for almost everything else. Both are good machines BUT the vote goes to the I-Pad for a very simple, non-technical reason. I get wi-Fi in the bedroom with the I-Pad and not with the Nexus. Other areas are similar; the Nexus just doesn't pick up the signal like the I-Pad. The range is at least 30 feet further with the I-Pad.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really....why are you here?
What is the benefit to you....or the members of this forum?
Wondering....Try to stroke your ego or just a troll?
Comparing 7 to 10 speaks volumes......how about comparing a Corolla to a F-350?

I was on the Android playing field for quite some time and got sick and tired of buggy apps, slow OS, unpolished system.
iOS just plain works great and does it significantly smoother and quicker with a lot of finesse.

Bye... :D

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I've see "true multitasking" apps do is use more battery life while running in the background.

The truth is, Android does suspend apps when they are no longer the focus, just like iOS. Only certain apps get around this, just like iOS.

It's clear you don't know enough about Android to know that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will argue once again that one reason why Android phones have become so big is because of the ads in free apps! They are taking up screen space, so now you need a bigger screen! I have no problems whatsoever reading anything on my iPhone because the text is so good. Of course, I don't plan on watching movies on a tiny screen or doing serious web work. I have like a zillion other ways to read websites and I can even use the phone, if I must.

That's not been my experience. Maybe it depends on the free apps you use? I haven't paid for any Android apps, and ads haven't been a prob, I've found.

I actually switched from iPhone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy Note 5" phablet because there was so little screen space on iPhone when I read news and books. I got tired of three or four lines of a few news stories, and the small maps display, and that was what initially got me considering the Note. I don't like to carry a full-size tablet out at all times, and a bigger phone/phablet has been the perfect 'tweener for most days. (The only thing I'd would've preferred: 3G rather than LTE for longer battery life, but my Note usually lasts all day and lets me pop in a replacement battery if not.)

I've been very happy with the switch, though I still use iPhone as a media player (and as a phone overseas, because mine is unlocked).

I think they're both good devices, but if I had to give up one, I'd give up the iPhone, no question.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You come in peace? HOW! (hand raised)

I can't help wondering how many of these peace (research?) missions to the iPad forum you will continue to undertake.

Last August you came in peace to "learn about" iOS6 v Jellybean, and produced a quite pathetic little list of attributes in favour of iOS6 compared to a large scrape-anything-of the-floor points in favour of Android. I note then you were particularly asking for "no fan-boy or trolling comments" which terms sharply come to mind in reading your posts. Having produced your meager list of the iOS6 specifics, you then put up the lame, unprofessional (compared to what is expected from a true "researcher") plea "Plz something else to add for iOS6 anything at all".
That was last August, but again now you are still researching! Again you come to the iPad forums knowing we are a bunch of iPad enthusiasts, "asking for advice". TRY to get to grips with the overall message you are getting in this forum. I would respectfully suggest you change your field of "research" to cooking shows.
The OB

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As predicted, this thread will now be closed. We wish for the OP to realize that this is an iPad Forum and should he wish to discuss the specs of a droid device, to visit one of our sister Android Forums and continue his discussion there.

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts