I Come In Peace: Nexus 7 vs Ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by cyprusx, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Sounds biased, WHY is it a better search bar and advanced notification system? HOW is it true multitasking? How and why are they "better" or more "advanced" than the iPad?

I know for a fact there are alternative music player on the iPad, and while it doesn't have any keyboard apps, there are definitely messaging apps. I'm don't know about you, but personally, I think dragging and dropping in iTunes is a pretty easy way to add multimedia, "easier" or not, it's easy nonetheless and something I don't hear many people complain about. I haven't used a nexus tablet yet, so I do ask, how easy is it to add multimedia?

2. BocataDeChoped

BocataDeChoped
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The "true multitasking" thing means that all processes/apps are the same in the eye of the SO thus, as an user, you could set up several tasks to be performed by different apps at the same time provided that there is enough resources. That's on paper, reality is another story since resources are limited.

3. Walt Cullop

Walt Cullop
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Which way?

4. BocataDeChoped

BocataDeChoped
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nexus. For instance: he added GPS into the Nexus list (even when there are GPS iPad models) but he didn't counted 3G on the iPad list (no 3G Nexus models afaik), he didn't counted the lack of HDMI support on the Nexus (which the iPad has), he stated no root/jailbreak involved but then listed open system and hardware control which are hacking related stuff...

5. DickW

DickW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Enough tech stuff. Down to practical use I use both I-pad and Nexus n -- I can get wi-fi signal in far corners of my house

6. DickW

DickW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, got cut off. Can get wi - fi signal for I- pad in all corners of my house, but Nexus restricted to central area of house. I-pad for me!

7. cyprusx

cyprusx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    LOL mate if i was biased would i really be on a apple forum asking for advice, Yes you right the nexus 7 dosnt support HDMI, ill ad that for the ipad, And im comparing the wifi ipad becuase its obviously the most similar to the nexus and in price also the 3g ipad is on another level
    And rooting an android device is not required to take advantage of the Open system and hardware controls.
    Multitasking in android devices run the code differently so when you minimize an app its allot less likely to go into suspension like on ios, not to mention the actual multi task screen you can see the thumbnails and there easier to close just by swiping, and also you get a actual multitasking button on the nexus 7
    Search bar? really you dont know why? well its on every screen giving you the fastest access and its actually searches Google like with prediction like it does in google chrome, and when it comes to searching Google is king obviously
    Well adding multimedia on android, all its takes is a Drag and drop directly onto the phones storage no converting or syncing, And I personally No ALOT of people who hate itunes because they have to sync, I don't know anyone complaining about drag and drop on android "it just works" on android ;)
    Music apps on android have more functionality such as tweaking equalizers
    Yes ur right IOS also has many messaging apps, i will remove it

So is anyone going to make a video talking about the advantages of IOS, does anyone have a YouTube account?

8. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Do you use an iPad? There is multitasking going on where it is needed. Nav apps, audio books, and music apps all multi task fine and don't sleep when in the background Most apps on a tablet - where a single app usually takes the entire screen - don't really need to multitask. And more to the point, tablet CPUs are too weak overall for any serious multitasking. IMO, it is just silly for anyone to be talking about multitasking of any kind and "true multitasking" is only discussed by people who don't have a real clue about how computers work, just superficial knowledge.

Why are you spending your time on such a task as this comparison? You aren't going to convince anyone to do anything any differently than they are already. These debates are old and dull and never go any where. Enjoy your android. I enjoy using both platforms. And consider that It is rude to come to an apple forum with poorly thought out attacks on the tools others have decided to devote their time and resources to.

Frankly, it would be time well spent brushing up on our writing skills. That would be more productive than this.

Ps.....tweaking equalizers? On tablets with crappy speakers? You wanna see a powerful music app? Check out this one and let us know which android apps match up to this:

Attached Files:

9. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The Nexus has no 3G/4G/LTE.. If you're away from home, you have to sniff around for hot spots or have some other mobile device with you that is capable of tethering if you want reliable full time access to the net.

There are different ways to enjoy a tablet.. Reading books, playing Angry birds, typing personal notes and taking pictures.. In that respect, WiFi is good enough.

For me, the abiliy to web browse and read e-mail on a decent sized screen wherever I might be was THE most important feature. I wouldn't have purchased an iPad at all if web access through cellular networks wasn't available.

10. andrzejls

andrzejls
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So I guess that you would strongly advise Apple NOT to make Ipad Mini. Since Apple is going to make it, is Apple wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.