What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cloud history

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you want to delete? History in Safari, an iCloud account, iCloud tabs in Safari, or is it something else you want to remove?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
History in Safari is deleted in Settings - Safari - Clear History.
It can also be removed in Safari itself. Tap the book icon at the upper right, tap "History", and "Clear".

OP
Greg Martin

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry J.A. I explained it wrong, I need to delete iCloud tabs,I don't know how they even got there. Also do these threads self delete after so many days?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You get iCloud tabs when you use two (or more) Apple devices with one iCloud account. They're connected to each other through iCloud and will show you what's opened on the other device.
To remove them, delete, history, cookies and data on both devices. (Settings - Safari)

Last edited:
OP
Greg Martin

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forget to ask J.A. Are we suppose to delete these threads or do they self delete after awhile. And how would you delete them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forget to ask J.A. Are we suppose to delete these threads or do they self delete after awhile. And how would you delete them.
Threads in iPF?
Threads you subscribed in iPF have to be deleted. Go to your Subscribed list and delete threads you don't need any more by swiping either to the right or to the left, then tapping the "Delete" button that appears: image-1549123570.jpg
Or open a thread, tap the arrow at the top right, and choose "Unsubscribe from thread":

image-3441014022.jpg

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or leave them subscribed, in case someone else comes along and adds a useful post or follow up quetstion. They won't notify you unless a new post is made in the thread. In the Subscribed tab/list the newest posts are always at the top, so they don't get in the way there either.

You can't delete the actual thread. They live on as a resource for others to read and learn by.

Most reactions