1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I cloud and e-mails

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Thomasp, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Thomasp

Thomasp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why is it that some e mails I receive come into my i cloud account folder and others into my "normal" e mail account address?
    What decides where they are directed?
  2. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    Welcome Thomasp, it seems that you are given another email address when you register with iCloud. Probably ********@me or something. I noticed this with my sister. I asked why she had changed her email address but knew nothing about it. I guess some of your friends noticed and sent to the @me and others to your old but still current address. I am sure somebody else can confirm this for you.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Yes, and iCloud account comes with a free email address. If you do not want to use it just go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Mail (and other services taht you don't want). This will not affect other accounts that you've set up under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Note that your iCloud account also shows up under Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Turning off series in either place will work, but I recommend signing into (or out of) your iCloud account int he Settings > iCloud area.
  4. Thomasp

Thomasp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Much appreciated
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    No problem.