What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't transfer .psd files, help me pls

citra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i'm trying several times to transfer .psd files to ipad via itunes. But it didn't work. The psd files are not exist everywhere in my ipad. Can someone help me why and how to add .psd files to ipad?

Thank you so much for the answer

OP
citra

citra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bump.....need help ASAP pls....help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please don't "bump" threads until 48 hours have passed with no response to your post. This is an international forum and giving four hours for a response is unrealistic (not to mention breaks the forum rules). Not a very good way to start...

There is an app on the App Store called "PSD Viewer for Photoshop." It's a free version. There is also a paid version ($.99, USD) called "PSD Viewer Pro for Photoshop." I found them using the search term "psd" at the App Store - there are others.

Maybe take a look at those?

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Citra - welcome to the forum! :)

By *.psd files, I assume that you mean an Adobe Photoshop Document? First, there is no native app on the iPad that will recognize this type of document, so you will need to search the Apple App store for one that may serve your purpose, e.g. doing a quick search I located PSD Viewer Pro (a 99 cent purchase) - you can email the file(s) to yourself or place it in the cloud (e.g. Dropbox); w/ the PSD viewer on your iPad, an option should be offered to allow you to view the file; there may be other apps that will offer the same functionality - not sure?

NOW, I've never used this app (or any others for Adobe documents) and am not making a recommendation; also please read the comments on the link given, i.e. there are some users who were not happy w/ the program. Good luck and hopefully others w/ more personal experience will 'chime in' w/ their suggestions.

OP
citra

citra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...

I'm sorry Marilyn for bumped this thread, i dunno the rules...and thanks for the suggestion

@Giradman : thanks for suggestion, yes maybe I would like to try the free application for viewing the .psd files....I'm confused, even in my windows, my .psd files are exist, but they can't be opened if you don't have programs that compatible to to open photoshop files. With ipad, the .psd files are not exist even when I opened via photoshop....maybe I will try the viewer photoshop app....thanks again for the suggestions guys

OP
citra

citra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again....I have downloaded viewer photoshop app, but it says there are no photoshop files to be displayed..... Yet I have transfered photoshop files many times by itunes....whats wrong?

Thanx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What method are you using to transfer the files?

For anything but the standard Music, iBooks, and other Apple apps you must use the File Sharing method.

iOS: About File Sharing

Most apps also have other methods to import files that bypass iTunes.

OP
citra

citra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used itunes to transfer photoshop files, but it cant show up in my ipad, everywhere im looking for, there is no files. Only jpeg files exist, photoshop files are not exist. Can anyone help me with this? How to transfer photoshop files to my ipad from PC? Thank you...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
citra said:
I used itunes to transfer photoshop files, but it cant show up in my ipad, everywhere im looking for, there is no files. Only jpeg files exist, photoshop files are not exist. Can anyone help me with this? How to transfer photoshop files to my ipad from PC? Thank you...

The Photos app cannot display Photoshop files. They are not supported natively. So, your first job is to get an app that will display Photoshop files. Your best bet is the Photoshop Touch app. There are probably others.

Once you have a compatible app, there should be several methods of transferring pictures to it.

Surfingjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an answer, however I have to wonder "WHY"? What is your goal for putting .psd files on an iPad. I should think saving your .psd files in .jpg would be the goal of any pics going to the iPad. It seems to me working with the file format native to iPad would give the best universal ability to use any photo app on the iPad instead of limiting yourself to photoshop only type of apps

Most reactions

Latest posts