What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't see email body, only subject line? iPad 3

Remmeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only see the subject line and who it is from? To see the body I have to hit the reply
Button? How can this be fixed?

domenic lib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My account is with yahoo, I also am new to the forum and not sure if you have received any feedback.

domenic lib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the fix from my son. Simply double click the home button, click and hold the mail icon and tap when red dash appears to refresh or (kill) the app. And problem is cleared

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can only see the subject line and who it is from? To see the body I have to hit the reply
Button? How can this be fixed?

Hi there-I have just deleted a duplicate post asking the same question here. Please do not do this, since it makes it difficult for members to read and respond to multiple threads on the same subject. It is also against forum rules to duplicate posts.

Thank you for your understanding.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw this same thing on a co-worker's iPad. He had almost 40 program open in the background and did not know that they were. He was able to get his emails to display once he closed all of the apps.
I don't know if there is a recommended schedule to clean up the open background apps, but it close them several times a day.

cookcooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this same thing on a co-worker's iPad. He had almost 40 program open in the background and did not know that they were. He was able to get his emails to display once he closed all of the apps.
I don't know if there is a recommended schedule to clean up the open background apps, but it close them several times a day.
I am aware of my background programs and have tried shutting everything down except email. It did not help.

MT 01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, worked like a charm. Just joined out of frustration in not being able to read my mail, but that's all history now and I'm a little wiser in the world of technology, thanks to you! Keep sharing, keep learning!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With iPads and iPhones alike, it is good to close all those open apps several times a week. Speeds everything up for you.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies, Does just completely powering down do the trick for shutting down all apps? If I do that thing with the 3 finger swipe up and then close down individually, it takes too long. I ask because it seems odd when I power down and re-boot, the 3 finger swipe up still shows open apps (I guess)

Most reactions

Latest posts