What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't email a pres. from Keynote... HELP!!

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Subject says it all. I try to email a ppt-formatted presentation to an email address, but it won't even let me enter an email address, let alone add any text to the message. What is preventing text entry and email addy entry?

Thanks,

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I think I solved this. I sent it in pdf and it worked fine. I then tried to send it in ppt and it worked fine also. It is as if I needed to send it in pdf before it would send it in ppt. Does this make sense to anyone?

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
This is definitely not how Keynote should behave. Have you tried restarting the iPad.
We cross-posted. Yes I did turn it off and back on before I got the thing to work, but after cycling it I tried it again with just ppt and it still did the same thing. Then I did hte pdf thing and that seemed to solve it.

Thanks,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PowerPoint all the time and never experienced this before. You said you've done the 'cure all' reset (power down - power up) so it can't be that. I will go away and think and try some 'experiments'. My wife is out tonight so I can play with my iPad all I like....

Tim
Scotland

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"My wife is out tonight so I can play with my iPad all I like...."
LMAO
that is funny. I have a feeling I will have the same problem. I have three daughters and they are forever taking my iphone and ipod touch.

Richard10002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I use PowerPoint all the time and never experienced this before. You said you've done the 'cure all' reset (power down - power up) so it can't be that. I will go away and think and try some 'experiments'. My wife is out tonight so I can play with my iPad all I like....

Tim
Scotland

You need to get a different wife! I play with my iPad all I like, and she's playing with her laptop :)

Just emailed a keynote .ppt to myself. It was delivered fine, and opened fine.

justlanz15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I've experienced the same problem, which broughht me in this forum, but i finally figured out how to type into To: (address bar) emailing ptt. Pdf. Or .key files. Funny, i play on the keynote until i got irritated at tap everything in the screen, and the keyboard popped up and it allowed me to type anything. :) So you have to tap the 'sent from my ipad ' screen twice then the keyboard should pop up.

psychprof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem, emailing a presentation converted ( by Keynote) to a pdf. It is image-rich as I am a photographer. It allows me to enter the email address, appears to send, but never does. If it is a matter of presentation size, is there a compression program I might use?? Suggestions? Many thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts