What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't do the recovery mode in Ipad :(

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot my password so it was disabled. I didnt sync my ipad with my computer so I did the recovery mode until the last step of downloading. However, it stopped and says "itunes could not connect to the ipad bec its locked" I though recovery mode is okay even if I forgot my password? Help me. Thanks in advance! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try placing it into recovery mode again:

Alternatively, place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device:

Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
(Apple support)

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try placing it into recovery mode again:

Alternatively, place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device:

Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
(Apple support)

Yes, I did this until clicking OK and started downloading ipad update, however, in the middle of the download it says :"itunes could not connect to the ipad bec it is locked with a passcode", I tried it again and the message popped out again :(

Ive tried it 5 times :((

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more thought: iTunes on your computer should be up to date. There was an update in September.

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thought: iTunes on your computer should be up to date. There was an update in September.
I just updated my iTunes. iPad update is 7.2. After the pop up message, the download starts again from the beginning. :(

Last edited:
OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last attempt, perhaps this will help: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html
The instructions are in the very first post, and as I understand it, you can not only use this method when something went wrong with a jailbroken iPad, but also when a stock iPad is stuck somewhere.
Hope that helps.

Oh, before I'll try this. I waited for the download to be finished then tried the recovery mode again (unplugged ipad and plugged it again, steps1-5). Now it's, I think, is restoring. I'll keep my progress updated. Thank you for your help :D

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! :) It's done. I tried the recovery mode then started downloading it. I waited for it to finish even if the pop up appeared. I unplugged the iPad and tried again! I restored my iPad! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts