What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't do anything with my MAIL. I can't close it, I can't exit it.

Alo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It keeps saying, "NO PASSWORD PROVIDED FOR YAHOO. PLEASE GO TO MAILL ACCOUNT SETTINGS & ENTER A PASSWORD." I press OK but it doesnt take me to any other window to be able for me to do anything. Please help what to do with it so I can access my emails on my Ipad 2.
Thanks for everyone who'd help.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should be able to get to the email settings by going into the Settings app icon. In there touch "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" on the left side. On the right hand side toward the top you'll see your email account. Touch your email account to get to basic information in a little popup window. At the top of this window touch the email address under the "Account"heading. Now you'll get to the area where you can input your password. Save your settings as you back out.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It keeps saying, "NO PASSWORD PROVIDED FOR YAHOO. PLEASE GO TO MAILL ACCOUNT SETTINGS & ENTER A PASSWORD." I press OK but it doesnt take me to any other window to be able for me to do anything. Please help what to do with it so I can access my emails on my Ipad 2.
Thanks for everyone who'd help.
If your iPad is truly locked up, go ahead and reset it.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If there's still a problem after that you may want to delete your email account from your iPad and set it up again.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

mcroswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turns out Yahoo added SSL (Security) to their email. You need to redo your mail account on your iOS device. I did this twice with good results. You delete the mail acount (leave the rest of your iPad as-is - don't reset your iPad!!). Then you put in the account again. For newer OS just add it. For older (we have an old gen 2 iPod Touch) we had to use "Other" and not "Yahoo" and put in explicity info. It did work though.
This forum won't let me put in the link, so just go to Yahoo's Help or do a web search on:
[h=1]Network connection failure when accessing Yahoo Mail [/h]You will see two paths of help. 1 for ios 4 and above (I did not use) and one for ios 3 (I thought I had 4 but this worked for me).

Most reactions

Latest posts