What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't delete photos in the Photo app

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In using the Photo app, I find I cannot delete the pictures. The delete button doesn't highlight to be clicked on. Is this an operator error or can someone tell me how to delete pics or even a whole ablum?

kvozel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you can only ddelete items in the Camera Roll. Albums, and items within albums are controlled through iTunes.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong. I'm new to this as well.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's correct. Photos imported via iTunes can only be removed via iTunes. Photos imported with the camera connection kit, through email, taken with the iPad 2, etc. can be deleted: tap on the photo in question to make it full sized and a trash can will appear in the upper RH corner.

Last edited:

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wish apple had the feature to allow us to delete pictures without a pc. You dont always have access to a PC right away.

OP
G

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you can only ddelete items in the Camera Roll. Albums, and items within albums are controlled through iTunes.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong. I'm new to this as well.

I finally contacted Apple and u r correct. Thank you all for your responses.

Most reactions