What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cannot ssh into my ipad1

papelboyh1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad1 with 4.3.3. I decided to jailbreak it yesterday so i downloaded the appropriate redsnow and firmware and was able to successfully to do it.

I got sbsettings running and winterboard.

Anyway, installed openssh as per the built-in guide on the cydia app. But no matter what i do, I cant ssh into my ipad1. Ive tried removing/installing openssh without any luck.

I tried terminal and cyberduck to test and no go either.

Any suggestions? ty :)

ps. i know abt iphoneexplorer but the point of the exercise is not so much abt transferring files but abt "i want to ssh into my ipad". :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this post to the hacking section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always check your wireless router in this scenario. Give it a quick reboot, and check there is nothing in its configuration that will block traffic on the SSH port you are using. That is usually the culprit.
OpenSSH on the iPad is pretty fool proof. If it is installed, and assuming you don't have the sbsettings toggle for it turned off, it will be working in most scenarios, so you really need to look towards you PC and network.

Hope that helps.

OP
P

papelboyh1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the only thing I tried this time is a reinstall and it worked the 1st time.

router firewall is off and turning it off/on didnt help either.

thanks ev1 :)

Most reactions

Latest posts