What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Cannot download IOS 5.1 to my Ipad or Iphone!!!

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maryhattie said:
In Georgia,USA, too. Changed dns to 8.8.8.8......still no update. Will try standing on my he'd d sticking out my tongue while patting my head.

By the way for general info, ordered iPad from Apple.com on 3-8, received email, shipped from China this morning...eta, 3-16. Hope it has 5.1 iOS

maryhattie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I finally got mine to download last night. Took 7 hours. I hooked it up to my sisters computer and downloaded the latest version of iTunes. I'm guessing my iTunes was not current...

maryhattie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PvtMatter said:
8.8.8.8 wi not work for me.

It didn't work for me either. We tried that and another server address and nothing. The last thing for me to do was use a computer. I had to update iTunes to 10.6 and it automatically updated my iPad to 5.1

kbatrph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I have been having the same problem as a lot of people have reported. After checking the internet over and over for a answer - I found one that worked instantly for me. Go to Settings - Wifi - What your connected to & Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 - This is Google's DNS Server. It started downloading right away and my IPAD and IPHONE 4S are both updating to the new version right now.

you are da man!!! worked like a charm....thank you!!!

Most reactions