1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I cannot delete scanned photos , any tips please thanks

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by eleanor clarke, Aug 21, 2013.

1. eleanor clarke

eleanor clarke iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any help greatly appreciated thanks .
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 1
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

I suppose you imported these photos from your computer. In that case you can't delete them on your iPad, you have to do it on your computer. Here's the description: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236
  3. Richard Brown

Richard Brown Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0
    Hello Eleanor,

Can you provide more information please. How did you get the photographs onto your iPad for example. I note you say the photos were scanned.

With more info I'm sure we can help you.

In the meantime, these links may be of interest.

3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html/] iPad tips and tricks
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html/]iPad ios5 tips and tricks
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/61009-easy-pictorial-shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html/]pictorial shortcuts and helpful places

Enjoy!

Richard Brown
    A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. eleanor clarke

eleanor clarke iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Richard, thanks for replying. I scanned them, then sent them on an email, as far as I remember, I would have then opened the email up on the ipad, held down my finger on the ipad screen and selected save photo , hope this makes sense. Thanks
  5. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 1
    You should be able to delete them. When you view just one of them, isn't there the trash sign in the upper right corner?
  6. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +818 / 0
    Hi Eleanor - welcome to the forum! :) When you selected the image(s) from your email, they should have been saved in the 'Camera Roll' of the native Photo App - I'm assuming that you have found them in that location and you now want to delete the images there - correct? If so, open the 'Camera Roll', then press the 'Edit' button in the right upper corner, select the images you want to delete (a blue arrow check will appear on the pic); when done selecting all you want to discard, then press the 'Delete' button in the upper left corner - you will be given the option to now delete those images. Let us know if this is what you want to do - good luck! Dave

P.S. appears that Johanna beat me to posting a response :D - her way works great for single images, too!
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1