What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can’t enter new contacts on my iPad

Nicka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can’t enter new contacts on my iPad. I am able to put in the information, but then the “done†is not responsive. It just won’t do anything.

Earlier in my set up I believe I was able to add them, but I reset the iPad when I was trying to get my e-mail to work. Now it doesn’t work. Is this a setting in my iTunes or is it not possible to add new contacts from the iPad.

Supercharged

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my sisters new 32gb model, just does not want to save but mine is fine and only difference is mine is a 16gb but can't imagine that's the cause.

Both running latest IOS and I thought it might be that email was not setup but we've done this and the problem persists.

Any ideas??

lindalee1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same problem and so is a friend of mine, we have done everything we can and nothing works. I added all contact before with no problem.

Waverider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having the same issue, and no matter what i was unable to fix it. Then i did the IT thing and turned it off and on again. It seems to have fixed it! I also tried searching for a name i knew was not there, and then tried adding it, so really one of those two things or a combination of them both. Give it a try!!!

BTW, off/sleep button is upper right edge, somehow it took me three days to realize that, just in case any of you others missed it...

brelades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't enter new contacts on my ipad

I can’t enter new contacts on my iPad. I am able to put in the information, but then the “done†is not responsive. It just won’t do anything.

Earlier in my set up I believe I was able to add them, but I reset the iPad when I was trying to get my e-mail to work. Now it doesn’t work. Is this a setting in my iTunes or is it not possible to add new contacts from the iPad.

Had the same problem with my 32gb ipad today. My ipad also froze so I held the sleep/on/off button and the Home button down at the same time for about 10 seconds thaen the apple logo appeared and ipad started up ok. returned to contacts and can now enter new contacts

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If no one can answer your question don't forget you get a certain amount of days of free support from Apple. Give them a call. I think it's 90 days but I'm not certain, I bought the extended support package.

medi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. One day I could add the contacts without any problems and literally the next day the Ipad would not accept new contacts (can enter the info but at the end where you click on the "done" icon the ipad would not register the info).

What I did is I restarted the Ipad by the following: while the Ipad is turned on I held the sleep button down for a few seconds until the screen read "slide to power off". Then used this to turn off the ipad. Once the Ipad powered down (screen black) I simplyed turned the IPAD back on (hold power/sleep button) down. The Apple symbol will appear and the contacts will now work. Hope this is helpful.

brelades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't enter new contacts on my ipad

Had the same problem with my 32gb ipad today. My ipad also froze so I held the sleep/on/off button and the Home button down at the same time for about 10 seconds then the apple logo appeared and ipad started up ok. I returned to contacts and can now enter new contacts with no problem.
This effectively resets the ipad similar to ipod reset

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of you already mentioned this, but it seems that a lot of people continue to have problems similar to Nicka's. An important thing to know about all Apple iDevices is that if you hold the lock button and the home button for six to ten seconds, the device will restart. I have seen some cases where doing this resets the device, and in restores it to factory settings, but that only happened once to me, and it's not that hard to get all of your stuff back on if that occurs.

Supercharged

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, my sister confirmed it worked after the reboot. I'm a bit annoyed that despite working in IT I didn't think of that but you don't usually with Apple products!!

Most reactions

Latest posts