What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can now tether Wi-Fi iPad for $7....

superdudeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tetherme for iPhone= $2
iTether for iPad = $5

Bought and installed both earlier and work like a charm! Battery is great, although I didn't use MiWi so couldn't compare.

so if you get a chance..do it. It's soo easy. Also (depending on signal) it's really good speed.

Last edited:
OP
S

superdudeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it does. itether is not specifically for iPad as far as I am aware. Correct me if I am wrong.

edit: not specifically for iPhone I meant

Last edited:

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tetherme for iPhone= $2
iTether for iPad = $5

Bought and installed both earlier and work like a charm! Battery is great, although I didn't use MiWi so couldn't compare.

so if you get a chance..do it. It's soo easy. Also (depending on signal) it's really good speed.

TetherMe doesn't let you use your iPhone as a WiFi hotspot (which is what MyWi is for), unless I'm very much mistaken. You only need it if your cell provider doesn't automatically allow you to use your phone as a modem. So here in Australia, you won't need TetherMe.

iTether is MyWi alternative which you install on your iPad. Except iTether uses bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. On the iTether website they claim bluetooth uses less power than WiFi. That's a good thing, but is it true?

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tetherme for iPhone= $2
iTether for iPad = $5

TetherMe doesn't let you use your iPhone as a WiFi hotspot (which is what MyWi is for), unless I'm very much mistaken. You only need it if your cell provider doesn't automatically allow you to use your phone as a modem. So here in Australia, you won't need TetherMe.

iTether is MyWi alternative which you install on your iPad. Except iTether uses bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. On the iTether website they claim bluetooth uses less power than WiFi. That's a good thing, but is it true?

If this iTether really works through Bluetooth than any phone capable of Bluetooth could be the 3g connection for the iPad.

Cya

OP
S

superdudeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again.

Yes I can confirm that because it uses bluetooth, the power consumption is very good.

If you google it, compared to MiWi, this bluetooth method is much better on power consumption.

Most reactions