What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can no longer sync contacts between iphone/ipad and desktop

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not know how long this has been this case but I can no longer sync my contacts (from either my iPhone or ipad) to windows contacts on my desktop

I have recently migrated from Vista to Windows 7 and I have relatively new iPhones and iPads.

When I got the new Idevices I was able to get the contacts onto them from the desktop but changes and additions do not sync.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know how long this has been this case but I can no longer sync my contacts (from either my iPhone or ipad) to windows contacts on my desktop

I have recently migrated from Vista to Windows 7 and I have relatively new iPhones and iPads.

When I got the new Idevices I was able to get the contacts onto them from the desktop but changes and additions do not sync.

G'day Tom. In case you haven't come across This advice from Apple, it will give you a lot of syncing gen some of which may hopefully solve your problem. One thing to note is that your iTunes app on your PC should be the latest updated version.
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what happened is that when I migrated from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail, it created a new Contacts folder.

I think Apple is pulling from my old Contacts folder.

How do I get it to connect with the new Contacts folder?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you set it up with your Live Mail account on your Apple devices, it should get the contacts from there, not the old account's contacts.

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you set it up with your Live Mail account on your Apple devices, it should get the contacts from there, not the old account's contacts.

I didn't though. I had itunes first and then got Live Mail.

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it fixed

1) renamed the Windows Mail Contacts folder as 'xxcontacts'

2) deleted itunes

3) reinstalled itunes

iTunes now syncs with the Windows Live Mail Contacts folder.

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoops

Spoke too soon.

I still do not seem to be hooked up with the Windows Live Contact folder.

Most reactions

Latest posts