1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I brought a VGA for my ipad to my tv and it didnt work.what to i do?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by corrisma, May 18, 2011.

1. corrisma

corrisma iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help me

Attached Files:

2. Studor13

Studor13 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think the VGA adapter is to connect the iPad to a TV. I use mine to connect either to a PC monitor or say to a projector.

Recently I bought an RCA composite cable and this plays a number of apps from the iPad on an old TV I have.

Depending on your TV you have a number of other options like component or HDMI.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I agree with the previous poster; the VGA connection kit was designed for LCD projectors and computer monitors. There are relatively few TVs that have the necessary RGB input capability that the VGA connection kit requires. If your TV has HDMI connectors - recent HD TVs do - then the HDMI connection kit is what you really need.

Tim