I bought an iPad 3 16 days ago...

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by robnet77, Oct 24, 2012.

1. robnet77

robnet77
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

looks like I won the lottery... :thumbsdown:

I bought my very first Apple product on October 8th (iPad 3) and wanted to return it after hearing the iPad 4 will be out on November 2nd, but I'm too late!

In order to minimize the financial "loss", what should I do? sell my iPad 3 now or wait a few months?

It's not like the one I have doesn't suit my needs but it's rather annoying seeing a new product launched so early and with such short notice :mad:

Only upside is that I got one with iOS 5.1.1 so I have it jailbroken now, whereas I should wait a while for JB in case I bought an iPad 4...

Any advice? :confused:

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If, as you said, the iPad 3 meets your needs, there's no need to update solely on the basis that your iPad is no longer the top of the line.

3. robnet77

robnet77
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    solely? it's not like I wouldn't appreciate the new CPU, GPU, camera, connector...

Obviously, I would have waited 16 days to get an iPad 4 if I had known the release date before...

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Technology moves forward at an ever increasing pace. There will always be a newer and better version just around the corner. For you, you have to determine if the new features that the iPad 4 offers outweigh the financial cost associated with replacing your iPad 3 with the newly updated iPad 4.

5. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I bought the iPad 1 a little over two years ago and we're at the iPad 4 already. As long as people are camping out in front of Apple stores to buy the latest version, I suppose we can expect hardware upgrades every six months.

6. HappyPelican

HappyPelican
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Call your nearest Apple store. I thought I read an iPad 3 purchased within the last 30 days can be exchanged for the iPad 4.

7. sdleasia

sdleasia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If the iPad 4 wasn't released, would you still be happy with the iPad 3? Trying to keep up with the latest and greatest will cost a fortune. Maybe the iPad 4 will have some serious design flaw, or maybe it will be found out in hindsight that the iPad 3 will have been the best iPad ever built. Just sayin' that latest and greatest isn't always the best. I would let everyone else be the beta testers for a bit to see where the flaws are, while also letting supply build up.

8. ajcgn

ajcgn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If Apple won't exchange it, I would keep the 3. I guess it will probably be a while before the 3 can't do what the 4 can. I would be ticked if I bought my 3 only 16 days ago though. I know you can't keep up with technology, but at least my 3 was the latest and greatest for six months :)
    I plan on keeping mine until it breaks.

9. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I hear ya, but no matter when they release a product there will be someone, somewhere that will have just bought the previous version per say. You still got what you paid for and will get a lot of use out of your iPad. I wouldn't fret over a new unit. Yours is still quite capable. Next time, someone else will be the person that just bought the "old" one. ;)

10. Harley man

Harley man
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Contact Apple right away they have a policy when they come out the new product they will let you return it within 30 days to upgrade to the new one

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF