What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am now addicted to surfing because of the iPad

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only when I'm in my couch at home while watching tv. I still have a life though.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol, my laptop hasn't got much use since April 3rd :) It's either ipad or desktop now.

OP
D

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
100% agreed ... Enjoying the surfing more than before ... Half my app icons are websites :)

It's just so easy and convenient. It doesn't take so much effort to adjust your sitting with iPad. Try that with heavier laptop. Also I haven't experience heat as well from the unit.

Jeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is way more convenient for browsing the web

Glad to hear that! That's exactly what I ordered mine for! For the many many slow times at my office, when I'm by myself with nothing to do and the ability to have access to read everything I'm blocked from on a corporate computer. (and I'm not talking bad stuff either ;))

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the 3G iPad in the hopes that my wife, who has mobility and fine-motor impairments, will be able to use the iPad to access the web, send email and do the other online things that we physically able people take for granted. When the Kindle was introduced, that device and a simple stand allowed her to read again. I had to buy a second unit for myself, because she wouldn't give hers up and I wanted to use it as well! The first app in my iTunes account is the Kindle app, and I think that our Kindles will become superfluous (I've already sold 'my' K).

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to, eventually, shell out the cash for a second iPad.
Here's hoping that I'll be able to wait until the next generation is released. But I doubt that!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I ordered the 3G iPad in the hopes that my wife, who has mobility and fine-motor impairments, will be able to use the iPad to access the web, send email and do the other online things that we physically able people take for granted. When the Kindle was introduced, that device and a simple stand allowed her to read again. I had to buy a second unit for myself, because she wouldn't give hers up and I wanted to use it as well! The first app in my iTunes account is the Kindle app, and I think that our Kindles will become superfluous (I've already sold 'my' K).

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to, eventually, shell out the cash for a second iPad.
Here's hoping that I'll be able to wait until the next generation is released. But I doubt that!

If she is able to use a Kindle, the iPad will not be a problem. My wife and I sold our Sony readers, as reading on the iPad was much better for us. The Kindle app is very good, plus there are several others as well,....

You could buy a stand made for the iPad, or use a document holder from an office supply store.... Or a plate holder from Wal-mart. Lot's of cheap options.

Most reactions

Latest posts