I am new to the forum.... brain not always compatible with computer seeking help

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Help and Info' started by ladyofthewood, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ladyofthewood

ladyofthewood iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi...I joined this forum so that I can be more efficient with my iPad. Not sure if this issue is covered anywhere ....I have looked and have not been able to find it. I just upgraded to iOS 5. I backed up. I transferred purchases. I synched. But how do I restore my music? I don't want everything on my computer on the ipad. Very cumbersome to go back to redo individually. Shouldn't the music that had been on the ipad be saved somewhere??
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Welcome, from Cali! I will change your title of your thread, if that is okay and pop this over to the correct section. You may get more assistance.

Let me know!
  3. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +325 / 0
    Have you resynched your music via iTunes again? I realise you said sync but it's not clear whether you did it to get your music back on there. I had to do this as my music didn't sync automatically. Don't forget to tick whether you wish to wi-fi the sync or continue on iTunes laptop.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. ladyofthewood

ladyofthewood iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for shifting the post and the response.....I did a sync before I did the upgrade. I kept getting a msg ....can't remember the exact wording but something like I still had purchased files on the ipad that would be lost if I did the upgrade. So, I did everything I could think of to copy those files to the computer. But afterward I did not sync. I don't want my entire music collection on my ipad. I had taken a lot of time to select only the content that would be useful to me there. I have lots of experimental music from friends, recorded meditations that I don't want cluttering up my ipad. When I was doing the back up I had assumed it would be like a computer back up. What ever I back up is held in a place that can be returned as is to the ipad. But that does not seem to be so. Am I missing something??