What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am new here as well as to Apple

kingsleyfhk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got both my wife & I an iPad 2 64GB Wifi + 3G just a few days ago. I realised that I am not able to connect our android Phones to the iPad thru the bluetooth. Bluetooth Headset like the samsung SBH-170 not an issue. so how can we transfer photo taken from our hp wireless. Thanks for the advise.

Kingsley:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum - :)

Now if I understand your question, you have a LOT of photos on your phones and want to now transfer them to your iPads - correct?

Of course, you can put them on a computer running iTunes and then sync them to the iPad (the iPad manual explains this process well).

I guess another choice is to batch send the photos via email, open the iPad email program, and then copy the photos to your iPad - might be tedious depending on 'how many' you are trying to transfer?

Hopefully, others may have additional choices - good luck!

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use the iPad camera kit to import photos from the iPhone to the iPad.

OP
kingsleyfhk

kingsleyfhk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply. I think the best option for me now is to transfer the photos using the iTune or by sending thru email (wireless). Camera option to me is not a good option because I am having a HTC Desire S. To remove the micro sd card, I need to power down the phone, open up the battery cover that will disconnect the battery to the phone. Anyway, thanks guys for your reply.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can connect the HtC phone to your PC and it shows up as a drive with a DCIM folder that contains the photos you will not have to remove the sdcard. You just use the USB adapter that comes with the ipad camera kit and use it with the HtC's USB cable to import your photos.

OP
kingsleyfhk

kingsleyfhk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rog said:
If you can connect the HtC phone to your PC and it shows up as a drive with a DCIM folder that contains the photos you will not have to remove the sdcard. You just use the USB adapter that comes with the ipad camera kit and use it with the HtC's USB cable to import your photos.

Got the camera kit. SD card reader works fine but the USB Adapter when connect to a 2 GB sandisk device or my HTC Desire S, it always shown a error. "device drawn too much power". So far, I am not able to get the USB adapter working.

Sent from my white iPad 2 64GB WIFI + 3G using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could use the iPad camera kit to import photos from the iPhone to the iPad.

Now, I do not own an iPhone, but am curious if that connection would work? Assume so if you have given it a try - for a camera's SD card to be recognized by the iPad the usual formatting is needed, i.e. a DCIM folder on the card w/ the images numbered appropriately; expect the iPhone organizes its photos in a similar fashion?

Thanks for any clarification (P.S. debating on obtaining an iPhone?) - :)

rossco136

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 2 wont connect through usb

Hi everyone this is my first post.I have just bought a ipad2 64g with the camera kit etc, but when i connect my htc desire hd it says that the device is drawing too much power.I really want to share my phones internet connection with my ipad 2 but obviously cant do that at the moment.Is there any way around this???

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad camera connection kit can only supply 10mA instead of the 'normal' 300mA from a PC USB port. Only devices which can work with this lower current rating are compatible, unfortunately.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You realize that if the iPad supplied 300-500ma on it's USB port- which is also the charging port so they cannot be used together - you would very quickly drain the battery and everyone would be complaining about the extremely poor battery life on the iPad...

There is one reason the USB port is limited use, and that's to ensure a long battery life.

- t

Most reactions