What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am new and hope sombody cad help Icload backup

jimtig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my Ipad 3 for 90 days, even bought 10 GB extra, I have pressed the red backup bar many times, takes about 2minutes and blue bar moves and indicate its backing up even tells me time remaining,bout 2mins. It still says I have 14.4GB left out of15, and each time it says my download size has been between 200 and 800 MB but my reserve has not moved from 14.6 GB from day one, where is my data going ????... Also I hope I posted this correct as I said I am new.. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.......

OP
jimtig

jimtig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I can help you with your icloud backup I am new to ipad to , I haze the exact same issue from day one icloud backup says I have 14.4 left , makes. No sense , I have over30 apps, most turned on for memory and have hit backup now many times and still 14.4.... I do back up now with my iTunes to make sure I have a copy . I could be wrong but you can get a icloud program for windows to interface with the icloud but it starts at windows 7 and I have XP. I could be leading you a stray I hope not..I think my -our best bet is to stop at an apple store they ary very helpfull and nice..plus I wanna save my bux and get an air book. Apple will. Set everything up for me. I bought four windows laptops 2 HP and 2 Samsung they all had the same prob Netflix froze and lots of registry errors in event viewer . Windows 8 sucks .... You can call Apple also to walk you through .i feel bad for you but now I don't feel so bad somebody else has my same prmb

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my Ipad 3 for 90 days, even bought 10 GB extra, I have pressed the red backup bar many times, takes about 2minutes and blue bar moves and indicate its backing up even tells me time remaining,bout 2mins. It still says I have 14.4GB left out of15, and each time it says my download size has been between 200 and 800 MB but my reserve has not moved from 14.6 GB from day one, where is my data going ????... Also I hope I posted this correct as I said I am new.. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.......

Sorry that no one has answered your question so far.

When you backup for the first time, Photos and videos in the Camera Roll, Device settings, App data, Home screen and app organization, Messages, Ringtones and Visual Voicemails are stored to iCloud. Subsequent backups will take less storage, because iCloud will only back up what has changed on your device. That's why the download size doesn't change significantly most of the time.

If you need more information, you'll find it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859

Last edited:

Most reactions