What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i am going to isreal in jan what are my options

fantom557

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am going to isreal in Jan and i want to get a portable wifi witch one should i get i know a few of us will be bringing there ipads and some laptops all mac based any way can someone suggest my best options.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of people had looked into

Your question but no one has answered. So before your note goes bye, I'll respond and hope someone would know your best option for keeping your iPad connected.

Get lots of pictures and post!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am from Israel. I got an iPAD with WiFi.
You shouldn't have any problem. Lots of Coffee shops and restaurants got free WiFi Internet. Also some Bus lines. There is no such thing as Public WiFi like in some countries in Europe.
If You need more Info I'll be glad to answer.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problem. Lots of Coffee shops and restaurants got free WiFi Internet. Also some Bus lines. There is no such thing as Public WiFi like in some countries in Europe.

I thought you were going to tell him he could start by learning how to spell Israel....:D

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

what about custom and comeing into the country dealing with them about the comeing the country with a ipad and the taxs they place on electronic devices comeing into the country ..

if you not mind answering that one ..for it was on the news about the one model who had hers in the luggage and her luggage was lost then found by the airlines and they made her pay a fine over the ipad and not declareing the unit when first comeing into the country

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
I travel about 4 times a year with my Laptop. Never stopped by Custom.
The Custom in Israel is very relaxed , They hardly stop any one fro questioning.
iPAD is considered as a lap-Top. No custom , just VAT.
You can declare it in the Red line. You will be asked to give a guarantee that you take it out again. You can use a credit card, that will be cancelled when you get out of the country.
read all in here:
http://www.finance.gov.il/customs/eng/ole.htm
You are right that on April there was a problem, when they decided to consider iPAD as a Cellular Phone. but it was canceled.
I suggest you just walk through the Green line. I don't think they will fine you as being a tourist.
Bone Voyage and welcom....

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
I travel about 4 times a year with my Laptop. Never stopped by Custom.
The Custom in Israel is very relaxed , They hardly stop any one fro questioning.
iPAD is considered as a lap-Top. No custom , just VAT.
You can declare it in the Red line. You will be asked to give a guarantee that you take it out again. You can use a credit card, that will be cancelled when you get out of the country.
read all in here:
http://www.finance.gov.il/customs/eng/ole.htm
You are right that on April there was a problem, when they decided to consider iPAD as a Cellular Phone. but it was canceled.
I suggest you just walk through the Green line. I don't think they will fine you as being a tourist.
Bone Voyage and welcom....

i been there a few times in the military and i been there as a civilian worker about 5 years ago for a 6 month contract ..loved going back thee and seeing how much the area around Haifi change over from the time i was there and the place where i had lived a few times at someone house.. ..

i allways felt safe there ..for it the only place where you can get onto a public bus system full of armed people and it normal way of life there ..no one calling the cops on a person with a assult rifle hanging off there back by a slong and hitch hikeing and people stop to pick them up ..i did love that part ..

the only part i never did like was driveing in the local traffic there for everyone seam that they where a sucide misson to get to the light and through the light with one massive carwreck on the local streets ..

the second funny part was if your single all the local grandmother and mothers want to fix you up with someone they know there ..i found that pretty funny for i was allways beening asked to dinner the last time i had been there for the six month contract and it was like one a day i was getting asked whould i like to have dinner with there family ..

i thought my wife family was pretty bad when i show up to see them and they would have have a diff single female at the table every night i was there so i would have someone to talk to they say ..

Most reactions

Latest posts