1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I am a newbie with an ipad mini with retina display

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by scrabble, Sep 22, 2013.

1. scrabble

scrabble iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I purchased my ipad mini at the Apple Store in May 2013 (with Retina Display). I have a lot of photos on my ipad mini which I am unable to delete. I believe that I synced them from my desktop. Can someone please give me easy to follow step by step instructions on how to delete them. I apologize if I am posting in the incorrect forum. Thank you.
  2. buerkletucson

buerkletucson iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Sorry to break the news to you.....
    You don't have a retina display on your iPad mini.....they don't exist, at least not yet.
    As of Oct 15 2013 it's rumored the retina display will be out for the mini.

I believe if you deselect these photos in iTunes and then re-sync you'll be set.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. scrabble

scrabble iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, my mistake and sorry about that. When I connect my ipad to my desktop and iTunes opens, I no longer have the option to sync the ipad. Also, at the time of purchase (May 2013) I was told at the Apple Store that I would no longer have to sync , that it be done nightly on its own. Would love to remove some of the many photos from the ipad?
  4. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674 / 0
    Thats should not happen. Just tried it out with my iPad 4. Its almost same I think. Syncing is done automatically when you connect any Apple device to iTunes, but that does NOT mean that data cannot be erased from the iPad. iTunes provides a backup to restore data if it is accidentally lost. It does NOT prevent data from being erased. I suggest you that you take this to the Apple store and get this sorted out. If anyone has a solution, please post without hesitation.
  5. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,957 / 1
    If you synced photos from your computer to your iPad, you're not able to delete them on your iPad. You will have to delete them in iTunes on your computer and then sync your iPad to it. There's no other way to get them off your device.

If your iPad doesn't sync or show up in iTunes:

Make sure that the latest version is installed on your computer.
    Connect your iPad, using a different USB port. Maybe there's something wrong with the one you used.
    Restart iPad, restart computer: turn them off, wait for a few minutes, then turn them on again. Connect your iPad to the computer and try again.
    Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013