What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a newbie with an ipad mini with retina display

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my ipad mini at the Apple Store in May 2013 (with Retina Display). I have a lot of photos on my ipad mini which I am unable to delete. I believe that I synced them from my desktop. Can someone please give me easy to follow step by step instructions on how to delete them. I apologize if I am posting in the incorrect forum. Thank you.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to break the news to you.....
You don't have a retina display on your iPad mini.....they don't exist, at least not yet.
As of Oct 15 2013 it's rumored the retina display will be out for the mini.

I believe if you deselect these photos in iTunes and then re-sync you'll be set.

Last edited:
OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, my mistake and sorry about that. When I connect my ipad to my desktop and iTunes opens, I no longer have the option to sync the ipad. Also, at the time of purchase (May 2013) I was told at the Apple Store that I would no longer have to sync , that it be done nightly on its own. Would love to remove some of the many photos from the ipad?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my mistake and sorry about that. When I connect my ipad to my desktop and iTunes opens, I no longer have the option to sync the ipad. Also, at the time of purchase (May 2013) I was told at the Apple Store that I would no longer have to sync , that it be done nightly on its own. Would love to remove some of the many photos from the ipad?

Thats should not happen. Just tried it out with my iPad 4. Its almost same I think. Syncing is done automatically when you connect any Apple device to iTunes, but that does NOT mean that data cannot be erased from the iPad. iTunes provides a backup to restore data if it is accidentally lost. It does NOT prevent data from being erased. I suggest you that you take this to the Apple store and get this sorted out. If anyone has a solution, please post without hesitation.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased my ipad mini at the Apple Store in May 2013 (with Retina Display). I have a lot of photos on my ipad mini which I am unable to delete. I believe that I synced them from my desktop. Can someone please give me easy to follow step by step instructions on how to delete them. I apologize if I am posting in the incorrect forum. Thank you.
If you synced photos from your computer to your iPad, you're not able to delete them on your iPad. You will have to delete them in iTunes on your computer and then sync your iPad to it. There's no other way to get them off your device.

If your iPad doesn't sync or show up in iTunes:

Make sure that the latest version is installed on your computer.
Connect your iPad, using a different USB port. Maybe there's something wrong with the one you used.
Restart iPad, restart computer: turn them off, wait for a few minutes, then turn them on again. Connect your iPad to the computer and try again.
Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts