I am a New User of an Ipad. App help pls?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by vcapella, Aug 30, 2011.

1. vcapella

vcapella iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys! im a new ipad user. can anybody help me what nice apps to get? i also have a 5 yr old kid, what app should i get him as well?
  2. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I don't know of the good apps for kids seeing as I don't have any, but what apps are you looking for for yourself? I have apps of all kinds so I can probably help you there.

I use my iPad a lot for reading the news, and I really like the Politico, AP, and USA Today apps. I like Fox News for streaming news from 9a-5p as well as see videos from their primetime shows.

For humor, I really like The Onion's app.

If you're a Twitter user, I personally like Echofon.

If you're a Netflix member and have streaming in your plan, Netflix is a must.

I'm not a huge gamer but I like Words with Friends and Sudoku a lot. Dice with Friends, which is Yahtzee, is fun too.

My suggestions are kind of dull, I apologize! Browse the forums for other app ideas. What I did too was just look through iTunes’ most popular apps in each category and found great ones that way.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You'll see several threads for Office apps, if you need the iPad for business. Also there's a regular poster who posts details of free children's books for the iPad; she usually posts an update every Friday, so have a look in the iBooks section for her latest update.

Tim
  4. vcapella

vcapella iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks GPG! im kind of a social network's kind of guy. but i really appreciate the suggestions especially echofon. thanks a lot!
  5. vcapella

vcapella iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tim, thank you. I heard about this children's book called Ashlad and his good helpers. do you know where i can find it? ive been looking all day for it. i dont think its released yet. but i heard it has good graphics and a good story for children.
  6. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Echofon is the best one I've tried so far. I like the live updating and I just think the interface is nice. I'm not in love with MyPad but hopefully an official Facebook app comes with iOS 5!
  7. RedCoil

RedCoil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I have a niece and nephew around that age and every time I see them they commandeer my iPad. They love the Angry Birds games. They also like Solar Walk, iFireworksLite, Molecules and the Mars/Moon Globe apps.

GoPackGo was dead on about the Onion and Netfix apps. I also like Pulse for news. Atomic Web Browser is much better than Safari, at least IMO. Epicurious is great if you cook a lot. As a science nerd I love Nature's app. I also play Dungeon 2 HD from time to time.

It depends on your interests really. Google "best (insert category/interest) apps" and you'll likely get lots of tips.
  8. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I have Pulse due to my friend Heather's suggestion, but I haven't tried it yet!

Sent from my iPad using iPF