What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a new member who has been trying to find current info on OS5

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member and think of a better place to ask about iPad :)
I have an iPad 2 and was going to upgrade to the OS5 system. I have no problems with my iP2 and am worried that if I upgrade I will start having them. The things I have read have shied me away from upgrading. Has any one had favorable results or have they fixed some of the issues. I love my iP and want to keep loving it. Any news on it? Now
I read about the os6 coming out soon? I have no ??s about os 6, just remarking. I hope I did not make a bobo posting ? In New member right away. New to forums.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member and think of a better place to ask about iPad :)
I have an iPad 2 and was going to upgrade to the OS5 system. I have no problems with my iP2 and am worried that if I upgrade I will start having them. The things I have read have shied me away from upgrading. Has any one had favorable results or have they fixed some of the issues. I love my iP and want to keep loving it. Any news on it? Now
I read about the os6 coming out soon? I have no ??s about os 6, just remarking. I hope I did not make a bobo posting ? In New member right away. New to forums.
HI,WELCOME TO THE FORUM,HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL LINKS-
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also

Forum rules - everybody please read!!……ipadFORUM.net staff.

OP
burly636

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for quick reply. I should have said I am not new to iPad at all, I am a pro now I guess, just wondering about
other problems or favorable results others are experiencing with the new operating system. I want to upgrade but need more pros
than cons. I hope to get them here. I will read the rules more thoroughly when I am recovered from a surgery I had, not much
reading right now.. But I can always use my iPad;) Bear with me. Thanks again

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
burly636 said:
I will read the rules more thoroughly when I am recovered from a surgery I had...

The iPad and these forums are a great aid to recovery, I'm recovering from surgery myself and have learnt more these past two weeks than I would have thought possible.

OP
burly636

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
The iPad and these forums are a great aid to recovery, I'm recovering from surgery myself and have learnt more these past two weeks than I would have thought possible.

I will remind my self about that. It is definite that we need entertainment at times like these... I hope your are recovering well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Updating from iOS 4 to 5 is a major update, and should be thoroughly prepared for. Do your backups, save any files/documents off the iPad. Assume you will have to start from scratch, so that if you do you'll won't have lost anything important.

That said, most people updated with no problems. The plethora of posts about problems are the nature of the beast. For some reason few people feel a need to post about no problems. ;)

It takes a while, and you want to make sure you have a good internet connection and don't interrupt the process. There are several steps and reboots. Many of the failed updates were due to people un pluggin early.

In the end it is well worth it. The additional features offered in iOS 5 are great, and with the iOS 5.1.1 update pretty much all the bugs have been ironed out.

Here is a thread that was very popular when the iOS 5.x update first came out. Read through it and you should be prepared.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I would wholeheartedly recommend the upgrade to OS5.....the new features are just wonderful and I have never had a problem with it at all.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
burly636

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the advice and the links, I am going to upgrade. I will read the link sent to make sure it is done right. I will be well prepared thanks to your help. I will give a few more days for my recovery first. I still learn new things about my iPad
even more info than the manual has. I have had it
for a little more than a year and it is the best thing around. My husband says I am turning into a geek. He finally started using it and he says he understand why I like t so much.... Better hide it. Thanks again people and take care

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Along with Twerppoets very good advice it is a good idea to also disable your virus protection/Firewall for the duration of the update.
It is indeed a very big update and will take quite some time and is dependent on what you already have on your iPad.
I have attached a video link as a guide for you also.
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

Good luck and you will be thrilled with all the new features you will have....enjoy!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
burly636

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your help and info (videos and links). I upgraded today and it was smooth sailing. I am going to explore my new iOS. I am glad I got the nerve and your help...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
burly636 said:
Thanks to all for your help and info (videos and links). I upgraded today and it was smooth sailing. I am going to explore my new iOS. I am glad I got the nerve and your help...

That is so good to hear that it went well....I have attached a link below that you may find interesting.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts