What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a new member that posted yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clicker44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I posted, I read the rules. I found this site looking for information on how people are getting around not having flash. I searched this site and found one entry dated March of last year that hadn't been responded too. THEN I joined the group trying to start this conversation. Are there apps for games like the ones that use flash? Is there a LEGAL way to view student made videos of my child who's on a class trip and posting videos?

What I got back was :"Use Search to find": I had done that.
"We don't condone breaking iPads": Well neither do I!
And "go to the education forum"... Good idea, I will.

Then my "Discussion" was closed with no opportunity for me to respond. So much for your friendly group.

I'm glad you have all bought into the "flash is dead" philosophy, but I sure wish I could see what my child is experiencing using my iPad. It seems like a valid problem we would discuss on an iPad forum.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe whenever threads are closed they are no longer archived when using the search function.....or you would have seen ALOT more search results. Where are the vids being posted by your child?
And what flash games were you looking for? Alot of the more popular flash games have been ported over to iOS.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason the thread was closed is that there are several dozen threads on the Forum about the iPad and Flash. Apple took the decision that the iPad would not support Flash - it simply will never ever support Flash - no app would be able to provide this capability because it's simply not technically possible given the design of the iPad and the underlying operating system. It's like asking a racing car whether it supports horse and carts..Flash is ancient technology and Apple are trying to move away from that. Sure there are still many Flash sites around these days but if you look in our News section, you'll see that Adobe are gradually abandoning Flash and transitioning to new and better technologies. Apple are leading the way...

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich is correct. Please use our search button. I just did and I counted at least 75 threads on flash and I was only at page 6. There were 10 pages of flash threads ~ over a 100 threads on flash on this site.

Not sure who closed this thread, but definitely warranted.

To the OP ~ please read our rules. If your thread was closed it is not wise to take out another asking why. Again, read the rules you agreed to when registering.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich is correct. Please use our search button. I just did and I counted at least 75 threads on flash and I was only at page 6. There were 10 pages of flash threads ~ over a 100 threads on flash on this site.

Not sure who closed this thread, but definitely warranted.

To the OP ~ please read our rules. If your thread was closed it is not wise to take out another asking why. Again, read the rules you agreed to when registering.
I'll take credit for Tim's wise counsel anytime! :)

Oh wow. It WAS Tim. I am so sorry Tim! I could have sworn it was Rich!

Oops. My BaD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts